Rule clarification

sackracing

Staff member
I see the alky rule was changed in June. It says alkycontrol nozzle, so is it confined to just an alkycontrol nozzle or can another brand dual nozzle setup be used?

Another dual nozzle setup could be used with similar nozzle sizes. The intent is to allow TAI legal racers into the class WITHOUT allowing a car running primarily on alcohol. I will be monitoring this very closely

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

My car is down right now (new trans waiting to go in). So, it doesn’t really matter regardless! However, I’m just curious if it would pass inspection, or not? As I have a Bison Nozzle on it? And I didn’t know if it would be considered an unfair advantage or what?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC that is fed by a single relatively small nozzle. If so, "should" be ok. Once again, this change was implimented to allow the TAI guys to race. It was not to allow the "true TSO cars" to run methanol

IIRC that is fed by a single relatively small nozzle. If so, "should" be ok. Once again, this change was implimented to allow the TAI guys to race. It was not to allow the "true TSO cars" to run methanol

Oh yes sir, the nozzle is small (in circumference) with numerous small holes, that are carefully aligned / aimed, and spread out across the entire intake plane area. My understanding is that this is to allow for a much more even flow / distribution of the methanol. Thereby, preventing cylinder starvation and the like.

In a nut shell, it behaves as if its larger because it's more efficient, thereby making it more effective. So, i guess you could say it’s really just a more efficient way of delivering methanol is all.

6f9794265981aa6da22b043e2dd81df5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk