Rule changes

How bout this maybe?
Weights

• Minimum car weight w/driver must be at least:
• 3200 lbs - Iron GM production 109 block any configuration of head
• 3400 lbs - Stage motor cars

I would not like to add any weight to cars if at all possible. If anything we will just have Rob run 32psi in his rear tires.
You think my car will go faster with less air in the tires?

I really think there should be a weight difference between aluminium and stock heads. It was no easy task getting a car to run 8.70's with stock heads.there has always been a 200-250 lb spread for good reason. Just look at all of the fastest times.

Allowing mini tubs? It's the only rule my car doesn't fit in and it's not like I can change it back. I don't see how it makes the car less of a "street" car or how it gives advantage.

That’s what I was getting at and wanted cooled85t to present as a rule change. No offense but I have gotten asked many times to allow rules but I have no idea what the car is truly configured like. I wanted a proposal from the one who desires the change. I also have an apprehension to change a rule for only one car to be let in and then that person does not run the class. With all that said, TSM racers we can vote on that when we figure out everything to vote on.

So far we have the following proposals:
Traction control NOT allowed wording added in Engine management section.

M1 fuel NOT allowed wording added to
Gasoline fuel only (includes E85, Sunoco, VP, etc), no additives, or nitrous oxide injection allowed.

Modifications to stock rear wheel wells ok (mini tub allowed) wording change. Note: frame rail rules stays the same as well as mounting point wording. No other changes in rules.

(No aftermarket automated shift actuation of shift lever, linkage or linkage components. Linkage must be manually shifted. ) Would be changed to:
Any shifting method allowed including, linkage that is manually shifted , governer shifting, electronic shifting or air shifting.

Weights need more discussion

You guys are getting further away from the original intent of the TSM class....entry level race class using a 109 block with a 70mm turbo. Now the class has evolved into Stage blocks, 72mm turbos, mini tubs, talk of M1 fuel, bla, bla, bla. Rules being changed to fit a particular person's car or ban a competitor's car. Whatever happened to building your car to the rules vs lets change the rules so my car fits?

That's why TSL was created. Stage block, production style heads only and 76mm turbo.

The you step up into TSO. Stage blocks, any style Buick head, 88mm turbo.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Just delete the wheel tub rule
Delete the shifter rule
Gasoline or E85 only

Build your car to the rules, and if you didnt utilize all the rules for a maximum performance advantage, dont try to penalize those that did. I am not asking for a weight break because I still run a 3 bolt turbo and a slic.

I think William should be exempt from all the rules. He gets a second to none waiver to run.