Rule changes

I am not worried about speed. Although I will say my opinion is this class does not need to be faster then 8.5o right now. This class needs to be fair without the people in it totally having to rebuild their car each year to keep up with the rules

As for traction control.... I am looking to the future. If you allow a electronic controlled trans in, like the 4l80e, options become open to easier application on traction control.

I used a 4l65e electronic controlled transmission back in 2015. What does that have anything to do with traction control. Traction control is determined by driveshaft data an wheel speed.

Let’s clear this up a little. We can make it a separate rule clarification/addition. Traction control yes or no when the time comes to make a decision. The transmission shifting, whether electronic, manual, solenoid or governer controlled does not matter to me. It will require a vote by the racers because it would be a rule change though.

I'm not sure you can really police the traction control rule. All most all of the ecu's and some boost controllers have the ability to do it. I dont see it being an advantage.
Focus on these:
Weight
Turbo size
Tire size
Stock suspension
As said before the car count will suffer the more rules you add.

I can't get any lighter without spending serious money or turning mine into more of a race car, which I don't really want to do. I'm sitting at 100-130 lbs over weight now, so I don't think the weights should change much if at all. I do think the 200lb difference between head style should stay. If anything remove a couple more rules that keep cars out. The goal should be to increase participation. I would love to see the class have a bump spot with more than 16 cars next year. This year was great thanks to Paul's hard work!

Also would like to see a rule allowing the RRA (Paul) to be able to update the record lists on here since that's where they are and have always been. Moderator status? Too hard to find stuff on Facebook sometimes.

Thank you John for the kind words. I have asked to be able to make stickies and be able to update the Tsm list. Currently waiting to hear back.
My idea to give the 109 block cars a little more of a weight break was to:
1. help make things a little closer compared to stage motor vehicles in et.
2. Help to make the 109 a little more reliable when pushed hard.
3. Make the class not centered around the Stage motor
It is just an idea and maybe needs a little refinement but I was thinking 3000-3200lbs any 109 configuration. Aluminum heads maybe even stage heads if someone has the balls. The rest of the rules would have to stay as they are in general though. Body, trans etc.

Does a driver have to occupy the car? I like the lower weights, but to get to 3000lbs I would have to remove the air conditioning, cruise control, wipers and roll cage, and put radio control servos in it to drive it. Otherwise redesign the entire car, which would be expensive. Definitely would last longer and go faster though. Do we currently have to have the factory floor pan?

I agree with centering the class around the stock block though. Sorry Rob!

Maybe just make stage block cars weigh 3650? Sorry again Rob!

How bout this maybe?
Weights

• Minimum car weight w/driver must be at least:
• 3200 lbs - Iron GM production 109 block any configuration of head
• 3400 lbs - Stage motor cars

I would not like to add any weight to cars if at all possible. If anything we will just have Rob run 32psi in his rear tires.