Rough starting after short stop

buicktom61

Hello,

last Saturday I had to put my GN out off the garage. I started and it run a little bit rough the first seconds. I put it out and stopped the engine after a minute. After half an our I tried to put it back. I started but the engine was stumbling and hesitating, Sounds like running only on 3-4 cylinder. After some tries with full throttle starts, it was running well on all cylinders after it warmed up.
Is this normal? I use NGK BPR6FS spark plugs. These are equal to AC R43TS. They are brand new.

Greetings from Germany
Thomas

Hi Thomas, Are you able to get any codes from the ecm, that would help you identify a problem. It could be anything from water in the fuel line to maf, to control module. Maybe the idle air controller in the throttle-body was stuck?

Today, I checked the the trouble codes. Nothing but the speed sensor. Normal after taking the battery out. Took all plugs out. All were sooty black. Cleaned them and set gap to.032. Checked all plug wires and put everything back. Engine started good, but idle speed stuck at 1300 - 1400 rpm after warmed up. Scanmaster shows IAC 62. Took IAC out, cleaned it and gave him a small hit. But it back and started. Now the idle was around 825 - 875 rpm. Scanmaster now said IAC between 20 -24. Went a little bit up and down. TPS at 44. Engine run smooth at idle but hesitate a little bit when opened the throttle. Will see how it runs when I get back my hood and bumper fillers. Still looking forward to the first drive after the engine rebuilding.
Thanks for your help
Thomas