rollermaster single timing chain

Howling Mad

Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to go for a cam or 1.9 rockers either way I will be replacing the timing chain and adding 105# springs so I'm thinking about putting in a rollermaster chain I'd like to keep the balance shaft in place. Also is anyone running a fluid dampaner?

the rollmaster single chain is ment mostly as a stock replacement. it is not a performance chain that
should be used with higher rated springs. it will stretch just like stock.

If you go double roller, balance shaft must be disabled (remove the gear)

The balance shaft is mostly useless once you start tossing in cam and other parts and
only needed for low speed / idle vibrations. Having it with a cam, will not get rid of the
shake of a cam. So better off doing the double roller with the cam as the double roller will
virtually give you no problems for the life of the engine most likely. Ive gone over 100k miles on
mine in two cars and no real measurable stretch.

Some have said removing the balancer and putting a double roller chain on a stock cam resulted
in stock feeling and they could not tell the balancer was disabled. So if keep stock cam,
i'd still suggest getting double roller as cam or rockers, you will want springs done.