ROLLER CAMS ARE COMING BACK

The tag line was: WE ARE NOT IN THE GASOLINE BUSINESS! WE ARE IN THE GASOLINE SHORTAGE BUSINESS!
Did you ever notice that after a "shortage" is over, the prices NEVER revert to the "PRE SHORTAGE" price? Even tho we have a sudden glut of product!
And you are happy anyway.
There have been 3 cam "shortages" and 4 lifter "shortages" in the 50 years that I have been in this business.
We were told we had a gas shortage, prices then were $1.92/gal. here.
Now we have availabile fuel again, but prices are in the low/middle $3.50 range.
And you are happy to pay that!
Check petroleum profits, profits are at a record level, and with lower sales volume.
Again, the consumer is screwed, but happy!
Cynical old bastard? Me? Yup, only because I have seen it all before.
TIMINATOR

HALLALULAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM CAMMED!!!!!
Tracking said tomorrow, brown truck dropped it off today! Couple of weeks shy of 3 YEARS!!!
The new roller I bought last year and installed last week is 212/212 .504 on 110 LS. I took it out today and am installing the new, new, roller tomorrow.
It's 212/215 .557/.579 on 113 LC. Definetly a quicker ramp rate, 6 degrees longer at .200 intake, and 9 degrees longer at .200 exhaust. Should have the motor dressed and ready to install soon. The 3" dual exhaust is sitting here next to the alky controls kit, LT-1maf and axion kit, scanmaster G, 70mm t body, roller rockers, race headers, and stacks of all the other stuff I bought while waiting on the cam and other things....
But the 9" is in! And the complete new interior also needs to be installed...
I think I need a few weeks off of work to finish this! Oops, forgot the Holley LED headlites too. I guess I need LED tail/stop lites too.....
I may never finish this car before I die!
TIMINATOR and trying hard to TIMINATE again!

I e mailed my contact from Comp. He said they are still working on orders from 2021. I ordered my custom grind on July 7th, 2022. It's going to be a long wait.

I asked around the locals, and no one else got anything. I called my wholesaler that I got mine from, and mine is the last cam. The one they ordered before mine was recieved about 3 months ago. They didn't send my new custom, or the shelf stock 212/212 roller I got screwed over the price on from a retailer in a cam box! Just a 6" square box with a 4" square box long enough for a V-8 cam, with a bubble wrapped cam stuffed inside! I guess Comp is pinching pennies! Can't even use a printed cam box with an info sticker on the end! But according to my cam computer it is ground with Comps typical extreme quality and tight tolerances! And I AM glad I have it! Even if it took 3 years.....
That did give me time to have the interior done, a 9" built and installed, get a 3" dual exhaust, 62/62 jb turbo, RJC slic, Harland Sharp 1.65 roller rockers, alky controls kit, big maf and AXIS, 70 mm t body and dog house, Scat crank, billet caps ,arp stud everything, port the heads and intake, and fully machine and get all the long block stuff, and a new trans and convertor. I went farther than I would have, but at least I was moving ahead while waiting on the cam......
Engine is done and I am finishing up deburring, cleaning and installing the accessories. I'll be installing the engine next week, and be doing the rest of the goodies like Holley LED headlites and replacing all the rest of the old style bulbs, then the rear seat cross brace, and whatever I forgot.
I really wasn't gonna do all of that, but.....
I don't wait well. We will see how it all works in a few weeks.
TIMINATOR

The 212/212 flat tappet was the most responsive cam I ran. The roller version should come up on RPM's even quicker than mine did.

What turbo and convertor? My 62/62 is billet, but not BB. I hope this works!
Are BB turbos all water cooled? I have never seen that mentioned anywhere.
TIMINATOR

What turbo and convertor? My 62/62 is billet, but not BB. I hope this works!
Are BB turbos all water cooled? I have never seen that mentioned anywhere.
TIMINATOR
Oil cooled BBs. I think the BB option is worth every penny. Especially on a street car from a roll.

The 212/212 flat tappet was the most responsive cam I ran. The roller version should come up on RPM's even quicker than mine did.
Mine feels like it would pull to 6,000 no problem if I let it. Stock short block, eh, I'd rather not find out. Spark cut at 57, shift at 56 and don't feel it slowing down yet at that point.

Availability of cores has been the issue for roller cams and Comp knew that. We need to give them credit for filling the orders they took and made good on them. Cams have not been the only scarcity for a Buick. Forged pistons have been a long wait too. Not quite as long but still 3 to 6 months.

To suggest that there is so much demand that another solution could be provided may not work out so well either. Once the backlog is taken care of and everyone has their cam, the size of the Buick market will not support that same level of orders.

Please do support the vendors that are doing it right. If we lose Comp we are all screwed.

To suggest that there is so much demand that another solution could be provided may not work out so well either. Once the backlog is taken care of and everyone has their cam, the size of the Buick market will not support that same level of orders.

Please do support the vendors that are doing it right. If we lose Comp we are all screwed.
It is almost a chicken and egg thing. If/when I have to build another motor parts scarcity makes it hard to build another buick v6 but if I don't buy the v6 stuff there is less demand and makes parts even more scarce. There will never be a high demand for any of the buick v6 stuff; we are such a small portion of the market.

Try building one up here in Canada. No vendors here...US exchange rate...shipping...and more and more Buick vendors are refusing to ship up here.