ROLLER CAMS ARE COMING BACK

TireFryer

The New Kid
441E4E98-0B5D-4CF5-9907-49C23AB6CE7F.jpeg

Whoa, 3 years later, you have parts patience that I envy sir. LOL if that was me I'd have started a CNC company to make me it before 3 years. Hahaha

I guess good thing I didn't wait in Sept of 20 for my FTS cam, good God.

At least comp is filling GN orders but it's clear there is room for another player for us and others. Keep us updated on how this turns out.

I paid a bit over $200.00 over LIST to get a NIB Comp 212/212 .504 69-300-8 about a year ago. Plan B in case Comp couldn't deliver when I was ready. I am just assembling longblock, and am removing the 69-300-8 today, so I can install the custom roller Saturday and finish dressing the motor!
While waiting, I did: billet mains, scat crank, ARP everything, ported, filled, 5 angle valvejob, polished unshrouded chambers, SS valves, BHJ decked, wiseco pistons, Harland Sharp 1.65 rockers, 70mm T body, and upper, ported and removed egr in intake, a 9", new trans, convertor, 62/62 jb, big slic, LT-1 maf, dual 3" exhaust, 3" downpipe, rebuilt the steering, brakes, shocks, and had the interior , carpet, and headliner done, and just bought the Holley litebrite stock appearing LED headlites. Oh yeah, 16x7 GNX wheels, and BFG G force 245, 45x16 tires for street use. Getting drag radials on 8" for track duty. I might just have to leave those on all the time....
I don't have patience, just use my time wisely. LOL!
TIMINATOR

Last edited:
I was wondering if Comp was actually catching up to address three years of backlog or if Bison had found some partners to begin a separate solution as he discussed on his f*book tech group.

so Comp is actually doing something...

They have been catching up on the more popular stuff first. Now it seems it could be our turn. According to my cam analyzer they have the most precision cams that I have seen. According to their cam lobe book, (not the catalogue) they have more lobe profiles available, and some very quick ramp rates. My custom roller has about 10 degrees longer at .200 than the shelf roller for the same .050! When I get it I will run both on my cam analyzer.
TIMINATOR

I’m going to order a 210/215 roller and some roller rockers soon. Been waiting for the stock to come back in

I bought a custom grind from Comp Cams for my N/A 4.1 stroker build 8 months ago and I am still waiting. I keep e mailing the rep and all he answers is still no blanks.

I have a new in box set of Harland sharp 1.65s for iron heads I don't need. I bought 2 sets and am not building the second motor. U can have em for what I paid. Where are u?
TIMINATOR

I guess it begs the question…..also for myself since I have a short block being built, how long will these cams last?!

If there is a decently sized back-up of people wanting cams how long till they’re on back order again? Can’t see them making a huge run of them.

There is not as many as you think😉
If there was they wouldn't have fucked over so many

And what movie was it that came out in the late 1970s during the first contrived "gas shortage?"