Roll CALL!

Si:D 5 years ago I was trailer trash, now I'm just broke white trash. Hopefully I get to retire just trash because by then it won't be ok to call myself white AND trash at the same time lol! Bob you homo bitch, you told me we were gonna do the long dong haul in your car next year:(

Si:D 5 years ago I was trailer trash, now I'm just broke white trash. Hopefully I get to retire just trash because by then it won't be ok to call myself white AND trash at the same time lol! Bob you homo bitch, you told me we were gonna do the long dong haul in your car next year:(

Third child on the way has pretty much axed any power tour plans for the foreseeable future. And don't be giving away my website idea, I haven't bought that domain name yet.

Oh great. Now I'm probably gonna end up in the backseat with polizin hearing about how awesome his stage car is and how it isn't running again, my car will be a bitch as usual so it will be stuck home, Austin is gonna pretend his isnt running so he can sit shotgun and run the shifter while keith drives.

....but Keith will want to bring both of his cars, so one of us has to drive the T......

Riding shotgun in a future PT is possible but the vacation time it eats won't make it easy to do even if it were free to ride. Which wouldn't be fair to the guy paying $3k to drive my ass around the country.

I guess since I'm married, have two kids, a mortgage, college loan to pay back, two hobby cars and currently without a DD. Because some Asian woman couldn't drive and sent me across 3 lanes ending up in doing a 360° barrel roll, totaling my truck. That I should just not take time ONCE a year and do something with ppl that have the same interest. I still am trying to make an effort of doing something I enjoy. Oh...and being civilized with that response.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using TurboBuick mobile app

I think all of us like the Power Tour for that very reason. We all have busy hectic lives. The Power Tour is a good way to get away becuase most of us only have our cars as our outlet from daily life. The nice thing about the Power Tour is that it is a family event. My boy will be with me next year.

As far as the slam to our thread, come on man! At least "us guys" came on here and gave your thread a good bump and you got your responses.

The reason why many of us dont post tech all the time on here is becuase its like being the only monkey in the jungle who will actually climb the tree to get everyone bananas. Then having other monkeys go around handing out the bananas telling everyone how hard it was to climb that tree. Point is, there are many many people on this forum who spend way too much time reading and then redispursing the info they read as their own, when they havent even laid there hands on the tools it takes to do the job. Then you have some who take what someone did and try to make money on it. It gets really old hearing everyone say how their big bad shop cranks out so much bad ass stuff.....yada yada yada, when really some have no hands on experience building, tuning, driving, racing, etc. So, it's best to just sit back and throw little niblets of bananas out there every once in a while for everyone to feed on.

The same info gets repeated and repeated and repeated soooooo many times on here. I like to watch how many pros there are who know it all, specially when it's info myself or people I know have introduced. More people need to get out there and do some hands on so they can also come up with more and more helpfull info to bring to the table. Some guys like to blast newbies for asking questions that have been answered many times on here. Thats only an ego trip that will result in more and more people to lose interest in our cars. In most cases, I'll just PM people with my phone number so I can help them out, it's much easier than battling with keyboard IBullies.

Dont whip out the hot sauce if you can take the heat!

Jdpolzin, you make a valid point on the going ons of the forum. People shouldn't bust others balls if they don't have hours to look through the threads to find info on their question. Also people these days aren't just lazy when it comes to earning money, but are lazy when it comes to devoting time to things....period.
BTW, I used the jdpolzin thread as an example. The main point of the thread reply was not realized, but that's not a big surprise. :rolleyes: I could have used the "before black" thread as an example, but I thought you guys could handle the name drop.

You Midwest boys don't know about hot sauce! :p

Thanks for the bump.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using TurboBuick mobile app

The fact that the tour is staying south, we have a 16 month old daughter and haven't taken much of a family vacation in the last two years is what is stopping us from going this year. The money isn't the issue for me it is the amount of time off and the tour is so far south. Me and my sons have done the tour the last two years and love it but I love my entire family more. So the tour will have to go on without me.

I think running the tour across the south really killed it for a lot of people this year.

I think running the tour across the south really killed it for a lot of people this year.
Well I'm sure this was decided by Jerry Jones since he's a ridiculous self promoter and is willing to do just about anything for a buck. This may not let a bunch of the guys up north that normally do the run but this will allow new blood to come in, Honestly, I'm surprised this hasn't been done before to make it one of the more popular spring meets. If they'd pick different starting points around the country like this it would allow more enthusiasts to do the tour.;)

It starts 9 hrs away from me and gets further away with each stop....I'm out. Plus, my experience in Texas last year pretty much ruined that state for me....

turbonut85 said:
It starts 9 hrs away from me and gets further away with each stop....I'm out. Plus, my experience in Texas last year pretty much ruined that state for me....

So the food and the service sucked, oh and the other "Buick people"didn't hang out that night. You can't let that ruin a whole big state for you. Think of Dallas like Sioux city.

Traffic sucked nuts outside of Dallas, car ran like sh*t, (no E-85) gas tank started leaking, thugs threatened to shoot us cause we didn't want to buy their drugs, spectator parking at qt park was 1/2 mile CLOSER to the event than where they made the participants park, nylo hotel was a joke, service at the restaurant sucked nuts, the ribs and sausage were raw(literally) and horrible...(kinda figured a restaurant in Texas would know how to smoke ribs and sausage...guess not), some chick with a secret wiener kept bugging us,....shall I go on??

The only cool things about Texas that night were the -10an fuel hose/Sta-bil funnel beer bong, and the ensuing video from the hotel parking lot....and the TFW, of course....

AN Fuel Line Beer Bong was a good time! Otherwise, I'd have to agree, no plan to go back there.

jdpolzin said:
As far as the slam to our thread, come on man! At least "us guys" came on here and gave your thread a good bump and you got your responses.

The reason why many of us dont post tech all the time on here is becuase its like being the only monkey in the jungle who will actually climb the tree to get everyone bananas. Then having other monkeys go around handing out the bananas telling everyone how hard it was to climb that tree. Point is, there are many many people on this forum who spend way too much time reading and then redispursing the info they read as their own, when they havent even laid there hands on the tools it takes to do the job. Then you have some who take what someone did and try to make money on it. It gets really old hearing everyone say how their big bad shop cranks out so much bad ass stuff.....yada yada yada, when really some have no hands on experience building, tuning, driving, racing, etc. So, it's best to just sit back and throw little niblets of bananas out there every once in a while for everyone to feed on.

The same info gets repeated and repeated and repeated soooooo many times on here. I like to watch how many pros there are who know it all, specially when it's info myself or people I know have introduced. More people need to get out there and do some hands on so they can also come up with more and more helpfull info to bring to the table. Some guys like to blast newbies for asking questions that have been answered many times on here. Thats only an ego trip that will result in more and more people to lose interest in our cars. In most cases, I'll just PM people with my phone number so I can help them out, it's much easier than battling with keyboard IBullies.

Dont whip out the hot sauce if you can take the heat!

When I first bought my GN, I asked some questions on here, and Jeremy was the one who messages his number to call if I ever needed help. Jeremy has helped me a number of times over the winter with advice, parts, and support getting my car running the way I want. He's not looking for money or fame, just there to keep the Buick spirit alive.

when I first bought my pile of rust and mouse piss Jeremy sold me quite a few stuff and let me snoop through his whole house and garage like I knew the guy. I even used his crapper. Real nice guy. He even started his GN for me because I never heard one run before and never saw one in one piece. I haven't heard that car run since:D

So the food and the service sucked, oh and the other "Buick people"didn't hang out that night. You can't let that ruin a whole big state for you. Think of Dallas like Sioux city.

Hey dammit we own that smell! Don't be giving any other city credit for that.