Venues for PT 2013 are:
Arlington, TX- University of Texas@Arlington
Texarkana, AR- Four States Fairgrounds
Little Rock, AR- Arkansas Fairgrounds
Memphis, TN- Memphis International Raceway
Birmingham/Hoover, AL- Hoover Metropolitan Stadium
Chattanooga, TN- Chattanooga State Community College
North Concord, NC- zMAX Dragway@Charlotte Motor Speedway

Since no one has seems to be replying to this thread. Is it safe to assume only a very few people think their Buicks can make the Power Tour! ?!

Mine car won't make it this year but I will at least make it to the first meet up.;) I should be driving a truck so I can meet up with some of the TB.com members and maybe have some fun.;)

If anybody has thought about going on the Hot Rod Power Tour. This is the year to do it because this is the shortest Tour mileage wise that I know of since at least '06.
I don't know why so many threads that have zero relevance to what this forum was made for get so much activity. Namely the "jdpolzin is the best, I want to make out with him" thread. Then there are threads like this one that tries to get Buick guys together and no one replies.
I am not the fan of this forum like I was 3 years ago..... that's for sure.

Less than 2 months left until Power Tour 2013. Who has made up their minds about the tour since it is going East into Buick Country?

I am from Little Rock, due to work schedule I will probably only do Texarkana to Little Rock or just Little Rock. Hopefully I'll get to meet up with you guys!

So is everybody getting things buttoned up because Power Tour 2013 is a little over 3 weeks away!

I am ready to roll! I'm signed up for everything and long hauling it with my dad the whole way!

Like I said in my other thread, I'll be trying it in my Chevelle again this year.

Ill be in Dallas saturday afternoon leaving that morning and drive through to Texarkana . We will peel off for home after leaving texarkana toward LR.

It depends on several things right now but I would like to meet up with the PT in Chattanooga, TN- Chattanooga State Community College and then drive the rest of the way to NC....

I think part of the problem is that the site is down so much. We decided to skip the pt this year and go to some different events. I'm sure we will do another pt in the future. I am getting the car up and running, but I have a few other things I have been neglecting to get done. Thanks for the name drop ;) I hope you guys have a great trip. I'll be checking in on this thread. Lets get some pic

One week left at this point! Hopefully everyone planning on going is still going. I'm long hauling it with two other guys from the Lone Star Performance Buick club, so hopefully we can put some names to faces next week!

Crap! One week from PT and finally got the TA headers installed, put the dp on and the ext gate is around 1/4" away from the flange on the dp.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using TurboBuick mobile app

Attachments

• 1369533592010.jpg
    1369533592010.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 74
The nice thing is it looks like the weather is gonna be nice. Might be a little hot for the yankees out there but it's not supposed to be above 90 degrees right now.;)

After reading this thread, I was thinking... I should just go. I'll be off work, I'll be down south, I can drive my truck and hang out with the Buick guys. I suppose you will have to keep an eye out. That's kind of how I roll

Still have yet to get that thing the southerners call "air conditioning" fixed in my car. I just sit and stir my ball soup every summer:cool:

Yknow, maybe if when we jump on here with questions and didn't have to wait for the same 5 people to respond to them all the time maybe we would talk more tech. Don't act like we don't contribute. Apparently there are some here that haven't looked at our build threads and how we actually posting tips on fixing problems with rotted frames and wheelwells, removing brake cables, what paint actually MATCHES the interior, etc. It isn't like we all had a big wad of cash to drop on a perfect car and then pay someone to mod it. Don't even get me started on the ones that think they reinvent the wheel when we all know it was info taken from another forum. As far as us posting anything about ideas we've had lately just to try something different, we just talk about it amongst ourselves since most of the time anything thought of outside the box gets beat to hell because it didn't come from a vendor or have someone's backing.

I'm gonna shoot up this thread:D

If anybody has thought about going on the Hot Rod Power Tour. This is the year to do it because this is the shortest Tour mileage wise that I know of since at least '06.
I don't know why so many threads that have zero relevance to what this forum was made for get so much activity. Namely the "jdpolzin is the best, I want to make out with him" thread. Then there are threads like this one that tries to get Buick guys together and no one replies.
I am not the fan of this forum like I was 3 years ago..... that's for sure.

Alright I will tackle this in a calm and civilized manner. Power tour is hard to rally folks behind because it is an expensive and lengthy vacation. It's not for everybody. A LOT of people simply can't afford it or simply can't be gone that long. Those that CAN do both of those things at once usually have families and other priorities in life that keep them from going. Try talking a wife and kids into it sometime when they want to do a family oriented vacation. I am very fortunate to have long hauled 2 power tours but frankly I don't know if I will ever get to do another. Real life gets in the way of your hobbies sometimes.

As far as "the thread" getting so much attention, it's because we like to have a lot of fun at no one's expense but our own. We aren't insulting or poking fun at anybody but ourselves. I have heard a lot of people comment on keeping up with it and I KNOW a lot of people enjoy watching us being stupid. Ok, so it's off topic. There's threads on this forum about everything from barbecue sauce to MMA to rap artists and everything else under the sun. Not to mention an entire political forum that does NOTHING but stir shit and make enemies out of people that could be friends if they didn't know each other's political views. No one is holding a gun to your head and making you read it. If you think it's pulling people away from the tech sections then you better be rallying to shut down the entire lounge section and the entire political forum. But if you think the tech section is a ghost town now, imagine what it would be like if there's NOTHING to read here but tech, and the only people that came here were trying to solve car problems. The veterans who actually know their shit aren't here to ask or answer questions. They are here to screw off with like minded people and they happen to answer any stray questions that they can. If you made this place have nothing but hard core tech, it'd be NOTHING but new people trying to get questions answered, and none of them would be answered because the veterans got tired of answering those same questions over and over so they found better shit to do with their time. Not calling myself a veteran TR mechanic, but if it weren't for "the thread" and the private conversations with the same people, i'd probably log on here about once every couple months.

I'm sorry that I wash cars for a living and can't afford to long haul every power tour with you guys. If I could, I would. But I can't. The majority of people here are in similar situations.