Roll Bar Swing out question .

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
With my car now in the mid 10's it's only a matter of time before I get the boot for no roll bar , so this winter I'm planning on having one installed . I'll need to have 2 swing outs and was wondering what everyone was using . I want something that looks good , not the overlapping bar style . I found this spring loaded latch from Alston Chassis that looks good , anyone have experience with it ?

http://s493.photobucket.com/user/86merc/media/Cage004.jpg.html?t=1267384807

Moderators , could this thread be moved to the Safety Equipment forum please .

With my car now in the mid 10's it's only a matter of time before I get the boot for no roll bar , so this winter I'm planning on having one installed . I'll need to have 2 swing outs and was wondering what everyone was using . I want something that looks good , not the overlapping bar style . I found this spring loaded latch from Alston Chassis that looks good , anyone have experience with it ?

It's not just the et it's the mph,if I remember right 135/10.0 needs more than just a bar.look at the rule book.

I have those exact parts in my car. They work great, look great and everyone always asks about them. I would never do it any other way again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's not just the et it's the mph,if I remember right 135/10.0 needs more than just a bar.look at the rule book.
That's quite a jump from 10.60 , but we'll see after I put in Dave's new converter .

I have those exact parts in my car. They work great, look great and everyone always asks about them. I would never do it any other way again.

I read somewhere that a guy had trouble releasing the swing out with his " bad " arm . Is it hard to release ??

I read somewhere that a guy had trouble releasing the swing out with his " bad " arm . Is it hard to release ??
They're definitely secure. I wouldn't say they are hard to release but they're not super easy either. The spring is pretty heavy duty.

I like the clevis style kits. The weld on tabs look hokey to me.

I agree with that , I didn't want something that looks like it should have a padlock through it . Who makes a nice Clevis style ?

Applied Racing has them, as well as Summit and Jegs and other chassis parts vendors.

In my opinion the spring loaded are WAY nicer looking. Not even close. If you have an all out race car go with whatever but if you have a street car with full interior I would use the spring loaded. Even though it looks like Alstons clevis is a quality piece, I think the the pins are stupid looking.

In my opinion the spring loaded are WAY nicer looking. Not even close. If you have an all out race car go with whatever but if you have a street car with full interior I would use the spring loaded. Even though it looks like Alstons clevis is a quality piece, I think the the pins are stupid looking.

Yeah , it's mainly street , maybe 4-5 times to the track at most . I didn't want to put a bar in to start with , but if I need to I want it clean looking and functional .

I used the applied racing clevises and love them, the radius machined on them makes the
Screenshot_20170602-140923.png
Screenshot_20170602-140923.png
Screenshot_20170602-140838.png
m a little more forgiving if you whack your noodle on em climbing around in the car with the bars out