Roll bar going in !

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I took my car out to ATE race cars this afternoon and talked with Pete Z about the bar install and a walk around his shop . WOW , he's been building cars , cages , suspension , & stainless headers since the 70's , all are perfection !! He's semi retired now , works alone and will have my car for 1 week starting Oct 30th . I can't wait to see the finished product !!
He said he did someones GN from Pennsylvania this spring / summer , full cage , 9.60 car .......anyone here ??

I took my car out to ATE race cars this afternoon and talked with Pete Z about the bar install and a walk around his shop . WOW , he's been building cars , cages , suspension , & stainless headers since the 70's , all are perfection !! He's semi retired now , works alone and will have my car for 1 week starting Oct 30th . I can't wait to see the finished product !!
He said he did someones GN from Pennsylvania this spring / summer , full cage , 9.60 car .......anyone here ??
Have you thought about what you will do for harness? Swing outs?

2 swing outs , I've got to research harnesses , got all winter .
What harnesses does everyone recommend ?? Vendors .... I got cash , lol .

I would do a 10 point. Your already running low 10's. 10 point is good for 8.50. You are up in Canada? I dont know if the track rules are different there.

I would do a 10 point. Your already running low 10's. 10 point is good for 8.50. You are up in Canada? I dont know if the track rules are different there.

Ontario , NY . a small town east of Rochester NY.
No plans on going much faster . I only compete in TPB so as long as I'm 10.99 and consistent , I'm good . It was nice to see what my combo can do and I'm happy with low 10's .

I retained the stock belts for street driving and got the clip on style for track day.

don't forget the pictures!

Roll bar install got set back one week , but here are some goodies that came today .
Rhodes Race Cars Elite series swing out door bar kit , 1.75" x .083 wall .... X2

DSCN0589.JPG

I retained the stock belts for street driving and got the clip on style for track day.
I have heard that aftermarket harnesses are not DOT approved and you can get a seat belt ticket if you're wearing "only" a SFI 16.1 5 point harness and not the factory seat belt !! :confused:

I have heard that aftermarket harnesses are not DOT approved and you can get a seat belt ticket if you're wearing "only" a SFI 16.1 5 point harness and not the factory seat belt !! :confused:
That’s good to know. My car is undergoing a cage as well. Doing everything for the 8.50 cert, adding removable side bars and center cross bar. I need the back seat for cruise night. Two little ones at home!

I picked up the paint , and dropped off the swing out hardware and an etching primer for the bar today . I'm painting the bar the same code 15 silver grey that is on the exterior of the WH1 , can't wait to get it back !!
DSCN0590.JPG

I picked up the paint , and dropped off the swing out hardware and an etching primer for the bar today . I'm painting the bar the same code 15 silver grey that is on the exterior of the WH1 , can't wait to get it back !!
View attachment 312004

We are all waiting for pictures of the roll bar and new tires! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, this has to be the worst post ever. All I’ve seen is 4 joints and a bucket of paint. Not a single damn trace of a roll cage. We demand pics!!!!o_O

Honestly, this has to be the worst post ever. All I’ve seen is 4 joints and a bucket of paint. Not a single damn trace of a roll cage. We demand pics!!!!o_O

I’m told the car is still at the chassis shop. There’s not a huge hurry to get it done due to winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk