Roll bar going in !

dynoman

Reaction score
I took my car out to ATE race cars this afternoon and talked with Pete Z about the bar install and a walk around his shop . WOW , he's been building cars , cages , suspension , & stainless headers since the 70's , all are perfection !! He's semi retired now , works alone and will have my car for 1 week starting Oct 30th . I can't wait to see the finished product !!
He said he did someones GN from Pennsylvania this spring / summer , full cage , 9.60 car .......anyone here ??

wb_7354

Reaction score
I took my car out to ATE race cars this afternoon and talked with Pete Z about the bar install and a walk around his shop . WOW , he's been building cars , cages , suspension , & stainless headers since the 70's , all are perfection !! He's semi retired now , works alone and will have my car for 1 week starting Oct 30th . I can't wait to see the finished product !!
He said he did someones GN from Pennsylvania this spring / summer , full cage , 9.60 car .......anyone here ??
Have you thought about what you will do for harness? Swing outs?

dynoman

Reaction score
2 swing outs , I've got to research harnesses , got all winter .
What harnesses does everyone recommend ?? Vendors .... I got cash , lol .

434nova

Reaction score
I would do a 10 point. Your already running low 10's. 10 point is good for 8.50. You are up in Canada? I dont know if the track rules are different there.

dynoman

Reaction score
I would do a 10 point. Your already running low 10's. 10 point is good for 8.50. You are up in Canada? I dont know if the track rules are different there.
Ontario , NY . a small town east of Rochester NY.
No plans on going much faster . I only compete in TPB so as long as I'm 10.99 and consistent , I'm good . It was nice to see what my combo can do and I'm happy with low 10's .

Pronto

Chaos is a ladder.
Reaction score
I retained the stock belts for street driving and got the clip on style for track day.

Hotfoot

Reaction score
don't forget the pictures!

dynoman

Reaction score
Roll bar install got set back one week , but here are some goodies that came today .
Rhodes Race Cars Elite series swing out door bar kit , 1.75" x .083 wall .... X2

DSCN0589.JPG

dynoman

Reaction score
I retained the stock belts for street driving and got the clip on style for track day.
I have heard that aftermarket harnesses are not DOT approved and you can get a seat belt ticket if you're wearing "only" a SFI 16.1 5 point harness and not the factory seat belt !! :confused:

TurboWh1

Reaction score
I have heard that aftermarket harnesses are not DOT approved and you can get a seat belt ticket if you're wearing "only" a SFI 16.1 5 point harness and not the factory seat belt !! :confused:
That’s good to know. My car is undergoing a cage as well. Doing everything for the 8.50 cert, adding removable side bars and center cross bar. I need the back seat for cruise night. Two little ones at home!

dynoman

Reaction score
I picked up the paint , and dropped off the swing out hardware and an etching primer for the bar today . I'm painting the bar the same code 15 silver grey that is on the exterior of the WH1 , can't wait to get it back !!
DSCN0590.JPG

wb_7354

Reaction score
I picked up the paint , and dropped off the swing out hardware and an etching primer for the bar today . I'm painting the bar the same code 15 silver grey that is on the exterior of the WH1 , can't wait to get it back !!
View attachment 312004
We are all waiting for pictures of the roll bar and new tires!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttribejr

Reaction score
Sub'd. I want to see too! I always liked your car.

TURBOELKY

Reaction score
Honestly, this has to be the worst post ever. All I’ve seen is 4 joints and a bucket of paint. Not a single damn trace of a roll cage. We demand pics!!!!o_O

wb_7354

Reaction score
Honestly, this has to be the worst post ever. All I’ve seen is 4 joints and a bucket of paint. Not a single damn trace of a roll cage. We demand pics!!!!o_O
I’m told the car is still at the chassis shop. There’s not a huge hurry to get it done due to winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk