Rode 1386 miles on a Gixxer1000!!

QWIK4ASIX

Just got back from a 4 day road trip to Deals Gap, NC. This time, my buddies and I decided to ride from MD to TN in stead of trailering the bikes! I don't know how many of you have spent that kind of seat time on a crotch rocket, but it's definately an experience!! 1386 miles round trip. Rode down on Thursday, rode the Tail of the Dragon on Friday and Saturday, then rode home on Sunday. Awesome trip that was only marred by 2 speeding tickets. Got 1 in TN on the dragon for 41 in a 30, then another on Sunday in VA for 84 in a 65. All in all a great ride. Nobody got "bit" by the dragon, nothing broke going to or from NC/TN, and everybody had a BLAST carving up the Dragon for 2 days!! Here's a pic from my last trip on a different bike:

img_1004.jpg

You can check out more pics from the ride and the Dragon at my buddies website Welcome to DirtyHandsChoppers.com
Just click on the "rides, shows, etc." heading.
Cool Stuff!!!

$156. $5 per mph over the limit, $51 court fee, and a $10 "processing" fee. I haven't got the cost of the TN ticket yet, nobody at the courthouse answers the phone! There's alot of cool Dragon pics at k i l l b o y . c o m - Your High Quality Photos from the Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap
Click on the "highlights" section. Lots of cool pics.
Check out the Dirty Hands Choppers site too. Greg builds some really cool stuff out of his garage at home. My favorite is the "muell". Started out as a Buell Cyclone, then got transformed into a vicious looking chopper. CHeck it out here:Welcome to DirtyHandsChoppers.com

your lucky on that amount.... hope the TN ticket is that cheap for ya.. i miss living on the East Coast and riding the Tail :(

Back when I was younger there was the phrase 1000 in 1. 1000 miles in 24 hours. If you could do that than you was "da man". Heck I dont think those guys on the Aspencades could do that. I've done it, once. On my 82 GS1000SZ Katana. I've done a few all day rides in the past couple of years on that bike too. No wonder I have a skinny butt as the wife says. You know one thing I would hate to do? Wreck a couple of hundred miles away from home. Glad you made it back alive. I think those big traffic fines in VA only apply to residents. If your out of state than its a normal ticket. It still goes on your driving record though. It looks like those two tickets ate up half your points. Good luck on keeping your low insurance rates, if you had them.

You might want to look into the VA ticket, 20 mph over posted limit OR anything over 80mph is Reckless driving which is a misdemenor (criminal offense). The fine might be cheap but it'll kill your insurance rate (reckless driving). I had to get a lawyer and plead it down to 80 in a 65 so that it became a regular speeding ticket. If you look at the ticket there should be a court date which you must appear. I couldn't do it and had the lawyer represent me.

Mike

Most of the guys I ride with are too soft for a trip like that. Wish I could convince them otherwise.

I wish I still had mine to make the trip. I am looking at another GSXR1k, but I'll be damned if I want a new one, or a used one with 15k. Lower miles cost so much, I sold mine only a year ago with 5k miles on it for 6500, and now I regret everything about it...wished I woulda kept the leathers and helmet at least...oh well, in the end, i'll have another and I'll make the dragon again! BTW ya'll didn't get ne video out there?

No video this trip, but I have about 6 hrs of footage from the trip last year. I know ZIPPY about getting it into a format where I can put it online, but if you send me your address, I'll burn you a copy of the DVD. Cool footage from mine and my buddies gas tank mounted cameras. As far as getting a bike, go with used! I got my 02 Gixxer 1k(silver bike above) for $4800 with about 11k miles on it. The bike was already set up with all of the goodies I wanted, all I had to do was add the nitrous and I was set! I think the only bike I'd buy brand new would be the 07 GSXR 750. Hp of the 1k and only weighs a few pounds over the 600!! Supposed to be the best sportbike ever made. For $10,200 list, it better be!!

Most of the guys I ride with are too soft for a trip like that. Wish I could convince them otherwise.

Take them to the Dragon 1time. That was enough for me!! I was a die-hard drag racer until I went for the 1st time. That road made me change the way I ride and made me want another bike BAD!!:D