Rock bottom

deezdad

Just saw that stores are now selling bullet proof back packs for school kids, feel bad for you parents with young kids it would break my heart to have to think about sending my kid off to school like that.

Just my opinion but

There’s a difference between precaution and paranoia. The odds of your child being involved in any way in a school shooting are slim. If you’re that paranoid about it you better keep them in a padded room their entire lives. Damn sure better never let them ride in a car on the interstate or play on an old school playground.

Reminds me of the animated movie The Croods (set in the caveman era). Overprotective father kept the family huddled in a secure cave their entire lives. At one point the daughter stands up and says “This isn’t LIVING, it’s just “not dying”. Big difference.

Father of 3 public school children BTW. 6th grade through kindergarten this year. (Getting shot at school is among the least of my worries with them. Far more likely they’ll do something stupid and hurt themselves lol).

You know its a trendy style thing and every kid needs one.

People getting rich off of fear and using dead children for word of mouth advertising.

But then again, if it saves one life...trend on!

it is very sad deezdad, I guess if I think about it and ask my self how many school shootings happened when I was in school ?? it kinda puts it into perspective, answer none!! These days it seems like multiple occurrences are more than we'd like to hear about ONE IS TOO MANY:(

Just my opinion but

There’s a difference between precaution and paranoia. The odds of your child being involved in any way in a school shooting are slim. If you’re that paranoid about it you better keep them in a padded room their entire lives. Damn sure better never let them ride in a car on the interstate or play on an old school playground.

Reminds me of the animated movie The Croods (set in the caveman era). Overprotective father kept the family huddled in a secure cave their entire lives. At one point the daughter stands up and says “This isn’t LIVING, it’s just “not dying”. Big difference.

Father of 3 public school children BTW. 6th grade through kindergarten this year. (Getting shot at school is among the least of my worries with them. Far more likely they’ll do something stupid and hurt themselves lol).
This. These things have been going on since the beginning of time and only get reported now if they fit the libtard narrative. IMHO the perfect solution is to home school kids till say 8th grade or so so you can instill morals and ethics into their thought process before sending them to the indoctrination centers, aka schools, to gain some worldly smarts on what they'll be up against.

And these morons worry about a firestick causing some damage. They don't know what real damage can be done by a determined psycho.
Growing up how did we survive with no bike helmets, drinking from a garden hose, spend a whole day hunting or fishing by ourselves and friends, getting a minor scrap and not being rushed to the emergency room, playing jarts and heaven forbid, no damn video games.

Last edited:
Boy you brought back some memories with the Jarts

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Just my opinion but

Just a question, How old are your kids currently? EDIT: I should have read the last paragraph. Sorry.

I don't think this is a terrible idea. I'm not saying I'm gonna go out and buy into some hyped up fad of bullet proof school bags but the fact is I am my child's Head of Security. If I can send them with a self defense mechanism that could spare their life in a bad situation than I wouldn't call it paranoia. Most people say ban the weapons while I believe we need to make efforts to safeguard from the tragedy's that could occur. I'm happy to see people putting fourth a little effort for other solutions rather than the Liberal Talking point of "Ban Weapons."

Last edited:
***** I dunno. I guess a bulletproof school bag is better than nothing but what are the odds a kid is gonna be shot at while wearing the bag? I'd feel a lot safer as a parent if the school just had armed security, or even a few teachers with appropriate training carrying or having access to their firearms in an emergency. The first responder in these situations isn't the police - it's the teachers and students. There are plenty of former police or military people that are teachers. Having some armed staff would somewhat reduce the chance of a shooter taking out formal security that are openly carrying. A few staff members armed would make life much less pleasant for a potential shooter, even if only as a deterrent.

If you are against arming teachers, at least have a sign that says, in no uncertain terms, that this is a gun free zone! A good example is below... :rolleyes:

Zone.jpg

"Be sure to come home when the street lights turn on."

Anyone remember those words from mom?

Different times, indeed.

lol, yup.

Lights turn on then it takes two hours to get home on a bmx bike from another neighborhood.

"But I came home when the lights turned on!"

Different times, indeed.
Where we lived the sun was the street light. We all went home early if the "Rifleman" was on that night.

Different times, indeed.
I grew up in the sticks. We didn't have streetlights! We had to come home before bedtime. During the summer bedtime was whenever! When school was on we had to be home earlier. I really pity the kids nowadays. Being raised in that paranoid world. All we had to worry about was being nuked by the Soviets!