RJC pipe and puck fitment ..help

Mini

Looking for advise on RJC pipe fit and puck alignment....the pipe hits inner fender well and frame when installed, no room for adjustment at housing. Next issue seems to null and void "clocking" the pipe/turbo because the oversize puck barely covers my turbo wastgate hole (PT 6265dbb, unported hole) on the front side (approx. 1/16"). My stock housing puck lined up perfectly with wastegate. I borrowed a used THDP and it fits perfectly on car....help...

Attachments

• image-1525192433.jpg
    image-1525192433.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 205
I have an RJC downpipe with the standard puck, on a PTE 5857. The puck was similar to yours, I think an 1/8 of an inch on one side of the hole, and a lot more on the opposite side. I just made sure when porting the hole not to touch the "thin" side. As for the pipe, mine clears the fender and frame/body perfectly. What headers do you run? Stock engine mounts? I have T/A Performance headers, and they have slotted holes where the turbo bolts down. This allowed me to rotate the turbo to align the downpipe to clear the frame and fender. I also run H&R poly mounts on both sides, and transmission.

Nick

Mini said:
Looking for advise on RJC pipe fit and puck alignment....the pipe hits inner fender well and frame when installed, no room for adjustment at housing. Next issue seems to null and void "clocking" the pipe/turbo because the oversize puck barely covers my turbo wastgate hole (PT 6265dbb, unported hole) on the front side (approx. 1/16"). My stock housing puck lined up perfectly with wastegate. I borrowed a used THDP and it fits perfectly on car....help...

Hey there. I feel your pain. What tupe of headers first off? Jason made his pipe to match his setup pretty closely. He runs a set of Terry Houston headers. So with that said, most headers will work, unless you have an old set of ATRs (which they made three different sets of headers back then). I have the same issue. My DP clears perfectly everywhere but hits the the frame barely, like an 1/8 of an inch. So what you have to is elongate your flange holes 1/16-1/8" so that you can turn your DP Flange clockwise. This should give you almost an inch of clearance from the frame and fit well after. Also, from your picture, by clocking your DP clockwise, that 1/16-1/8" will even your puck out some. Hit me up of you have anymore questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Much appreciated. Should have mentioned, stock headers and GM mounts.
My only concerning clocking the DP clockwise is that it will uncover the bottom right of wastegate hole as there is only 1/16" overlap.

For the bolt hole that shows in you picture, I would not elongate that hole and use it as the pivot point to rotate the exhaust housing. You would elongate the other holes as needed. This should move the puck down some and give a little coverage.

David

What I did with my RJC pipe to improve puck alignment was to take a hammer and punch and tap the little pipe that the wastegate shaft slides through. The pipe is pressed-fit so it will move if tapped firmly enough. This will move the puck closer to the housing, thus improving the alignment. I managed to move mine about 3/16. Don't move it too far or else the puck will start to hit the housing. I think I left about 1/16 clearance between the puck and the side of the housing. See pic below.
IMG_0971diagram.JPG

I had the same issue. The RJC puck is supposed to be welded in position after being press fit. Apparently they sometimes forget this lol. So like toomanymods said, move it but tack it in position after you get it right. This is per RJC when I called

I'm very optimistic guys, greatly appreciate the help. I'll hopefully get to it this weekend and will repost with pics and clearances. Great looking pipe and can't wait to get it on.

Thanks again,
Mark