RJC PCV Experience

I bought the PCV valves at a local auto parts warehouse. I initially called the local auto parts store to see if they had any. The customer rep said they had 5 in their local warehouse. They showed none were sold in the past 5 years. They did a bulk buy years ago and that's all that was left. When he gave me a price of $7.95 ea. I said I'll take all of them. :D I'm saving them for my customer's cars. Every once in a while I get a car in with the wrong or leaky aftermarket valve.

This is why I only use the NOS AcDelco PCV it’s got to be in the OG boxes. Even a used original is better than these crappy new valves that are sold. I’ve used the autozone PCV and it has worked good but can’t remember the part #

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why I only use the NOS AcDelco PCV it’s got to be in the OG boxes. Even a used original is better than these crappy new valves that are sold. I’ve used the autozone PCV and it has worked good but can’t remember the part #

I also was unable to find an AC pcv. The Standard pcv sucked oil. Gave up and eliminated the pcv system. No more sucking oil nor emptying catch can as well as oil into plenum.

I can’t believe this worked but a friend told me GMPartsGiant website showed the PCVs in stock so I ordered 5 just to see what would happen...and to my surprise 5 showed up! I now have a lifetime supply. Looks like they had to reach back pretty far to fulfill this order.

Air Cleaner Elbow.jpeg

The ones in the newer boxes are probably some other companies junk. The original box One are the good ones! the originals say “AC Rochester” on them.

Eric from Turbo Tweak gave me this number years ago. It is a plastic unit and seals 100% and does not change BLM. There are other part #s for the same unit ,however I found the Standard # V246 The easiest to find. Just replace the stocker .no other parts needed.

I just bought 2. Standard V246 and they both don't seal.

Are you sure about the part number?

i bought one of those ...plastic ones ...and it sealed almost completely ....way tighter than the metal ones ...

Try using shop air and a rubber tipped air gun and blow through to help seat it. Put a bit of WD 40 in helps, remember there will be oil in there when installed on engine. Mine seated 100 % and I purchased 6 and all were good.

Try using shop air and a rubber tipped air gun and blow through to help seat it. Put a bit of WD 40 in helps, remember there will be oil in there when installed on engine. Mine seated 100 % and I purchased 6 and all were good.
that tip ...did the trick totally sealed now .... great !!!....seals better than my NOS ac Rochester ones

Last edited:
Eric from Turbo Tweak gave me this number years ago. It is a plastic unit and seals 100% and does not change BLM. There are other part #s for the same unit ,however I found the Standard # V246 The easiest to find. Just replace the stocker .no other parts needed.

Eric gave me this number, works pretty well #PCV1138DL plastic unit.

Eric gave me this number, works pretty well #PCV1138DL plastic unit.

That is the same part number but I have found it hard to get in some places. The standard piece is Made in USA and I have had good luck with them sealing.

I have the one in the red standard box. They must be different. I have 2 more that don't seal.

I’ve been using these Luberfiner or Deutsch 1162 plastic PCV valves as was recommended by Eric Marshall (Turbo tweak) years ago. Think I got them from Advance Auto?
Additionally I also have a low crack pressure check valve in line prior to entering back into the plenum from my catch can
Works great!

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 85