RJC Cross Flow Exhaust Review

Sinister CO

I upgraded from my old Conley 3" dual system to the RJC Cross Flow system. What an improvement! Kudos to Jason for another stellar product. The drone I had in the old system is gone. My wife is sensitive to drone and she gave it her stamp of approval. Now she'll actually go places in it with me. lol! It's not as loud as the old system and I'm okay with that. It's nice to actually hear the radio when we're going down the road. The sound reminds me of the stock sound but louder and better of course. It took about two hours to remove the old system and put this one on. I used band clamps instead of the included clamps. I think the hardest part for me was the back two hanger bolts that go through the frame. The passenger side was easy enough but the drivers side took me a little while to get it started. Aside from that it all went together nicely and I have plenty of clearance with the rear axle and gas tank. All in all we are very happy with it and I would recommend it to anyone on the fence about a new system.

I had the same issue with the drivers side bolt on mine but I exhaust myself and it looks sweet under there too..

358E56CE-0736-4F45-9263-EB1A7888EF90.jpeg

Here's mine, 2 years old, daily driver, HR Parts bar, TA girdle etc.
Jason got it out quickly to me, quicker than UPS that's for sure. o_O
20220814_175324.jpg

I had to make a new section of driver's exit to clear my Ridetech coilover. Ordered a 3" mandrel bend U SS and very careful cutting made it a reality. How close did you end up being at that point?

Attachments

• IMG_3915.jpeg
    IMG_3915.jpeg
    342.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3922.jpeg
    IMG_3922.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3924.jpeg
    IMG_3924.jpeg
    441.4 KB · Views: 137
I had to make a new section of driver's exit to clear my Ridetech coilover. Ordered a 3" mandrel bend U SS and very careful cutting made it a reality. How close did you end up being at that point?

I actually have a few inches of clearance in that area. It's hard to tell but it looks like your muffler is vertical. Mine is tilted a little with the top more toward the front. It looks like you did a nice job with that piece you made!

My rjc wasn’t has plumb as yours but yours sure did come out super clean. Killer job

Here's mine, 2 years old, daily driver, HR Parts bar, TA girdle etc.
Jason got it out quickly to me, quicker than UPS that's for sure. o_O
View attachment 388075Is that a split in the welded seam of the muffler I see????? The one I installed a few years back, all the flares on the pipes were way over enlarged, they leaked pretty bad.

hello people: To the OP R U you using a test pipe with the RJC? My words of the sound of the RJC is blurbbles like a motor boat. Not like a rumble of a BGC I had w/dual muffs. I do like how the RJC sits as stock. Did you and a little hole in the muff as it collects moisture and I was told the hole s/b done. who knows but the installer added the hole to mine. have fun
IBBY

I think it's just dirt and bad lighting in the photo, I will however get back under there to confirm it. o_O
My ATR crossflow split the muffler down the middle seam not on the end, got it fixed for a good spare exhaust for the "next" Turbobuick. :cool:

Actually there is a small split in the end/edge, I think it will outlast the car however, time will tell, good eyes on some of you out there. o_O
Probably the crap roads up here, or the 3lb. hammer on the install. :rolleyes:

How’s this sound at wot? I have it to go in but bought it off of few vids. For how long they have been out not a lot of reviews out there. Not looking for loud loud. Hopefully just kinda loud with good sound at moderate throttle throughout the rpm’s

How’s this sound at wot? I have it to go in but bought it off of few vids. For how long they have been out not a lot of reviews out there. Not looking for loud loud. Hopefully just kinda loud with good sound at moderate throttle throughout the rpm’s
I love how mine sounds. Not real loud at all till you hit the exhaust button on the test pipe