RJC Boost Controller Install Video?

rssooner

Hello Buick Community!

Does anyone know of a video on how to install? I checked You Tube and saw a bunch of other installs on imports but nothing on this controller in a GN or T-Type.

Thanks

RS

dont use the stock stuff ...just a simple loop from turbo through controller to wastegate
base goes to turbo , adjustable end toward wastegate, dont cover the hole in the adjustable end
use zip ties on all connections

twisting it down will increase boost

make sure you have a good boost gauge and a knock gauge (scanmaster ) and try not to overboost
be aware your boost may go higher once you hit third gear and even higher as you start climbing rpms

Last edited:
In addition to the good advice given above...

1. Remove stock wastegate hoses but leave solenoid on the valve cover alone
2. Using a 1/4" hose connect outlet from turbo to bottom end of boost controller
3. Using a 5/32" hose connect the top end of the boost controller to wastegate actuator

boost controller 1.jpg boost controller 2.jpg

How you plumb your lines is up to you. I ran mine over the top temporarily for easy access because I was still making adjustments at the time.

Currently there is 3 hoses correct? One coming out of the solenoid to Y fitting then from Y splitter one goes to waste gate that's down toward the underneath part of my turbo then the other hose going to the front of turbo. So I take the hose off the Y setting coming from solenoid but leave it connected to the solenoid? Then does the boost controller go in place of the Y splitter?

Currently there is 3 hoses correct? One coming out of the solenoid to Y fitting then from Y splitter one goes to waste gate that's down toward the underneath part of my turbo then the other hose going to the front of turbo. So I take the hose off the Y setting coming from solenoid but leave it connected to the solenoid? Then does the boost controller go in place of the Y splitter?
Yes, 3 hoses. Take them all off, dump them in the trash, then follow steps 2 & 3 above using new hoses. Leave the solenoid on the valve cover plugged in and do not cap the nipples. If you unplug this solenoid you will throw a code.

Put it between the turbo and the "Y". What it does is deprive the wastegate of a boost signal until right before the wastegate needs to open.

That way all the exhaust energy is utilized for spooling up and then opens the wastegate at the last minute.