Ripped Off By Gbody Parts

I bough the same exact 2 pod as you last month and was also surprised how sloppy fit it was on the side going up the a pillar. I was just hoping that I was going to be several car lengths ahead of the person I was trying to impress.
Lol

I bough the same exact 2 pod as you last month and was also surprised how sloppy fit it was on the side going up the a pillar. I was just hoping that I was going to be several car lengths ahead of the person I was trying to impress.
I was just hoping the piece of crap would fly out the window and distract the other driver so I can win the race :ROFLMAO:!

All those replacement pillars are crap. Here's the fix I went with. Took a Lotek pod and a stock A pillar and cut the section off the stock pillar that was needed. Then had a guy in town 'plastic weld' the two sections together. Bought some texture spray to spray the part and painted gn gray after. The results are great and the cost was around $110. Sorry for the grainy pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14265d24184196a850865609d5e559fa.jpg

All those replacement pillars are crap. Here's the fix I went with. Took a Lotek pod and a stock A pillar and cut the section off the stock pillar that was needed. Then had a guy in town 'plastic weld' the two sections together. Bought some texture spray to spray the part and painted gn gray after. The results are great and the cost was around $110. Sorry for the grainy pic

This is what I'm working on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's a great idea. My double pillar pod is double sided taped on and keeps falling off. I don't want to put a screw thru it so your approach is a good idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Had my doubts but did manage to fit it in. I trimmed a little at the bottom that I probably should have left alone

ATTACH]292397[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 209
So you bought a gauge pod and it didn't fit. So you cut it, and it still didn't fit. Then you wanted to return the damaged product and Brian did not issue a refund do to it being modified. At some point you explained you cut it, and maybe he didn't understand or simply forgot due to probably having a lot more to worry about being a business owner, than a $60 dollar plastic part?

I don't know of any vendor who would issue a refund for a damaged part. I also don't know any right minded person who would expect a refund AFTER they modify and damage a part! Since you put your business out here expecting support, I guess you're also looking for opinions.. You should not order parts any more, you should sell your car or cars, and pick up a new hobby like reading books. After you read a book you are not satisfied with, write the author and ask that you be compensated for your wasted time and to be refunded the cost of the booko_O

Elky

I have a two pod gauge in my GN that I bought from GBP. Its an aftermarket part, it doesn't fit as well as I would like it to, and having a t-top car you have to trim the top of it to fit with the trim... Just like they did with the OEM part.

It is what it is. It was also the option I liked best instead of having gauges in the console, which I had and didn't like.

So you bought a gauge pod and it didn't fit. So you cut it, and it still didn't fit. Then you wanted to return the damaged product and Brian did not issue a refund do to it being modified. At some point you explained you cut it, and maybe he didn't understand or simply forgot due to probably having a lot more to worry about being a business owner, than a $60 dollar plastic part?

I don't know of any vendor who would issue a refund for a damaged part. I also don't know any right minded person who would expect a refund AFTER they modify and damage a part! Since you put your business out here expecting support, I guess you're also looking for opinions.. You should not order parts any more, you should sell your car or cars, and pick up a new hobby like reading books. After you read a book you are not satisfied with, write the author and ask that you be compensated for your wasted time and to be refunded the cost of the booko_O

Elky

You are a moron that needs to learn how to read and then come back with a competent response once you have read the entire issue at hand along with the links to the correspondence. While your at it, you should sell your car since you probably couldn't read or understand the rules of the road. Idiot..

You are a moron that needs to learn how to read and then come back with a competent response once you have read the entire issue at hand along with the links to the correspondence. While your at it, you should sell your car since you probably couldn't read or understand the rules of the road. Idiot..
I'm not the idiot on a forum griping about a $60 dollar part. If you buy it and don't like it, return it. Simple as that. Maybe gbodyparts didn't satisfy you, you should be grateful we even have vendors left for our cars!! Sell your GN and go buy a mustang, sit in the garage with a hose from your tailpipe to your cabin, enjoy the sound of your exhaust and take a nap.

I'm not the idiot on a forum griping about a $60 dollar part. If you buy it and don't like it, return it. Simple as that. Maybe gbodyparts didn't satisfy you, you should be grateful we even have vendors left for our cars!! Sell your GN and go buy a mustang, sit in the garage with a hose from your tailpipe to your cabin, enjoy the sound of your exhaust and take a nap.

In addition to failing reading in second grade, you also clearly lack the ability to understand honesty and integrity. That of which was more important to me to demonstrate in this thread than the friggin money moron.

As I said.. I got out cheap.. Doesn't change anything regarding a lying Weasel Jagoff, Which is what Brian Weaver is.

SOOOO........Just for you.... Since your a bit dense.. Here it is again..

Brian Weaver is a Friggin Jagoff that purposefully and knowingly , as I also demonstrated in this thread, omits key details on an Ebay posting for a product HE is selling.. Then has the balls to shrug it off as if hes never heard of the problem before, by highlighting how many hes sold..

Apparently he took the same reading lessons that you took as Ebay users are clearly instructed to provide as much detail as possible about items they wish to sell.

Its nice to know that Jagoffs that are unable to read and comprehend basics, like honesty and integrity, like to stick together.

Oh and by the way... I could tell you what to suck on but you probably wouldn't understand, as clearly I would have a better chance of a two year old understanding the essence of this thread..

Sorry Admin.. Its just frustrating when people clearly DO NOT READ...
Its all good. Everyone gets heated from time to time, we just need to try to not act like a bunch of kids and its hard to do I know. The board is here for information and communications for everyone. It gets frustrating with alot of people when a couple of board members start bitching at one another in various places over a disagreement of experiences, bashing a vendor, etc.... That is why some of the long time members with valuable information rarely (if any) post anymore which is a shame to tell you the truth. There is a plethora of knowledge out here on the board but I will tell ya this, the majority of people on the board don't want to continue to the mud slinging that seems to be getting worse but as in any social media, forums, workplace, etc... understand that generally speaking 5% of the people create 95% of all the problems, just the way things are.

Just like this feedback forum. The reason it is here is simply to have customers that have purchased from whomever to post their individual feedback or customer service about said vendor or said user. Some people have good luck with certain vendors or sellers, others not so much.

With that said then its very simple, take a look thru the feedback forum and see what others are saying about an experience they had with whomever. Use that info to make YOUR CHOICE of who to purchase from. but when the 5%rs constantly bash sellers or vendors, noone wants to see that crap. Say what you have to say about your experience then be done with it. But when we as admins / mods CONSTANTLY see specific users trolling in certain thread that don't have anything to do them, its aggravating as hell to say they least because they have already said (sometimes on numerous occasions) their feelings, ok...... we got it, now grow up and let it go..

Bottom line is I aint mad at ya, but use good common send when posting anywhere in the forum with comments. Just remember people are looking and they may make a wrong judgement of your character based on your posts or responses when that may not be who you are at all.

Just my .02

Last edited:
Its all good. Everyone gets heated from time to time, we just need to try to not act like a bunch of kids and its hard to do I know

Understood.. I will refrain from any more mud slinging..

To stay on topic...The other item I further demonstrated in this thread that goes to his lack of honesty and integrity, is that he does not honor his word..

Which I demonstrated in this thread with the email response from him acknowledging I could return it after I clearly told him I cut it.

His excuse? He was traveling when he responded to me..

I guess that excuse also works as to why he has Zero details regarding the products known issues in the ebay listing..

Thanks to those that posted on some ideas regarding what you did with the part..

In the end I just used the Auto Meter universal and will do some paint work to blend it in.

Thanks to all that provided feedback..

And some clean laughs like it blowing off the car to distract the driver you are racing. Or just hoping to be several car lengths ahead of the car you wanted to impress.. Too funny..

Its all good. Everyone gets heated from time to time, we just need to try to not act like a bunch of kids and its hard to do I know. The board is here for information and communications for everyone. It gets frustrating with alot of people when a couple of board members start bitching at one another in various places over a disagreement of experiences, bashing a vendor, etc.... That is why some of the long time members with valuable information rarely (if any) post anymore which is a shame to tell you the truth. There is a plethora of knowledge out here on the board but I will tell ya this, the majority of people on the board don't want to continue to the mud slinging that seems to be getting worse but as in any social media, forums, workplace, etc... understand that generally speaking 5% of the people create 95% of all the problems, just the way things are.

Just like this feedback forum. The reason it is here is simply to have customers that have purchased from whomever to post their individual feedback or customer service about said vendor or said user. Some people have good luck with certain vendors or sellers, others not so much.

With that said then its very simple, take a look thru the feedback forum and see what others are saying about an experience they had with whomever. Use that info to make YOUR CHOICE of who to purchase from. but when the 5%rs constantly bash sellers or vendors, noone wants to see that crap. Say what you have to say about your experience then be done with it. But when we as admins / mods CONSTANTLY see specific users trolling in certain thread that don't have anything to do them, its aggravating as hell to say they least because they have already said (sometimes on numerous occasions) their feelings, ok...... we got it, now grow up and let it go..

Bottom line is I aint mad at ya, but use good common send when posting anywhere in the forum with comments. Just remember people are looking and they may make a wrong judgement of your character based on your posts or responses when that may not be who you are at all.

Just my .02

Understood.. In the future i will keep it strictly to the facts and leave out the insults as People also tend to gravitate right to the insults and then as a result, rather than read the entire thread, respond in defense of those insulted..

Thanks for the candid feedback.

Regards,

Matt

Matt, no hard feelings and I truly understand. I read all the reviews talking how bad GBody is and this and that and I truly understand people's anger. If it happened to me I would be angry too. I just cannot jump on a bandwagon because my personal experiences are good. I've emailed Brian a lot of times and he always responded. My parts have always arrived and I've never had an issue that wasn't resolved.... I've dealt with him for probably over 10 years. GBody also puts in a lot of time, money and R&D into products which are unique to GBody and can only be found through them. So that's the only reason, I won't condemn a company that I've had good personal experience but do understand people's frustrations. -aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for reading, providing good feedback and taking this exactly as I intended.. I hear you and respect your decision.. Regards, Matt

To ALL... Just an FYI... I edited only my posts that contained images. The ONLY thing I have done is fixed the links to the images so that you may view them directly from the forum..

For whatever reason, when I save the link from the image hosting service I am using to a word doc, and then cut and paste it from the word doc to here, it alters it to a link..

But when I copy and paste right from the hosting service..Voila!!