RIP Neal Peart

Very sad. A huge loss. I've seen RUSH many times. I did not know about his condition. I think he kept it a secret from most.
For those who don't know, Neal was arguably the best drummer who ever lived and a great song writer.

I'll just put this here.

God Speed Mr Peart and thanks for all you gave us.

Yeah this is terrible news!

You know, we’ve lost lots of good ones lately, but, when u lose one that you beat the dash to:

“Today's Tom Sawyer
He gets high on you
And the space he invades
He gets by on you as youth?”

Well, that my friend is awfully / as in mighty close to home, it seems! And yes the best drummer / lyricist ever! R.I.P. Sir Neil Peart, the world will never be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be why they gave up the band. Great drummer. RIP

Yeah, the last five years has been rough on music lovers of the 70's thru 80's stuff. Prince, Glen Frey, Tom Petty and several others. Just in the last 18 months with Ric Ocasek, Eddie Money, Marie Fredricksson (Roxette), a very under appreciated Peter Tork (I know not the 70's but still that's half of the Monkees gone now), and now Neal Peart. Just think of the jam session going on in the afterlife now.

As far as drummers, he was definitely on the short list for the top. A 5 piece kit is about standard. He played a 100+ piece kit.

Yeah, the last five years has been rough on music lovers of the 70's thru 80's stuff. Prince, Glen Frey, Tom Petty and several others. Just in the last 18 months with Ric Ocasek, Eddie Money, Marie Fredricksson (Roxette), a very under appreciated Peter Tork (I know not the 70's but still that's half of the Monkees gone now), and now Neal Peart. Just think of the jam session going on in the afterlife now.

As far as drummers, he was definitely on the short list for the top. A 5 piece kit is about standard. He played a 100+ piece kit.

Just found out today that J. Geils has been gone about 2 years now. Freeze Frame was probably my most played tape during my senior year. I remember riding in my 57 Chevy, taking that tape, popping it in my off brand radio and turning the volume up with my off brand power booster blasting "Piss On The Wall" through my off brand speakers sitting up on the package shelf in my rear window and having a ball as I cruised around after school.

Saw them at my high school. Neil was arguably the best drummer on the planet and a heckuva songwriter. A humble and shy man. RIP.