Right Blinker Issue

Metacom

I seem to be having issues with my front right turn signal.

The right turn light is solid on my dash. I replaced all bulbs on the front and back and replaced the relay near the steering column. Has anyone had this issue before or know what the issue could be?

Thanks

This gremlin just popped out his head last night,mine is on the driver side.never had this happen an all my bulbs are good going to swap flasher an see what happens.

Looked this morning and when the car is on and the switch is set to off, both right bottom parking lights and the top corner light are solid. When just the parking light is switched on both go out.

You need to find out how the parking lights are getting power to them with the switch off.
Do the hazard lights flash properly when activated? Reset that switch a few times and recheck those front lamp bulbs.

I'd have to say you need to pull that h/l switch and clean and regrease it with some good non conductive stuff. If that doesn't work a new switch might be in order. I got the last one I used off eBay.

Thanks for the tip. I cleaned the socket and still running into the issue. I also pulled the switch from the dash and the lights still came on when the car was turned on.

Something must be back feeding em. I'd look for some corrosion in those circuits. Hard to diagnose electrical especially over the interwebz. A meter or test light is your friend.

Found my problem. Guess the painter put this wierd bulb in when they reassembled my car.put in a 1157 an no problem.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 34
Something must be back feeding em. I'd look for some corrosion in those circuits. Hard to diagnose electrical especially over the interwebz. A meter or test light is your friend.
Yeah totally agree. Been troubleshooting this for the past week. I’ll take a look around for something.

I seem to be having issues with my front right turn signal.

The right turn light is solid on my dash. I replaced all bulbs on the front and back and replaced the relay near the steering column. Has anyone had this issue before or know what the issue could be?

Thanks
What the problem is , you're missing ground. take a piece of wire and add ground on your headlight wire to body...and like magic, you should be good, and brighter lights too

What the problem is , you're missing ground. take a piece of wire and add ground on your headlight wire to body...and like magic, you should be good, and brighter lights too
Haven’t tried that yet. I see two grounds on the passenger side fender - one near the battery and another a bit lower. Neither one of them appear to be corroded or damaged.

They might not be, but what causes the problem you're having is ground. I had the same problem on my 60 Impala, and Buick