Ridetech Suspension Installed

turbojay

Ridetech single adjustable coilovers front and rear. Upper and lower control arms front and rear. Ridetech front sway bar and Detroit Speed rear sway bar. I had reputable mechanic install the front parts and a buddy and I installed the rear. Car is aligned and ready to go. Overall the installation was very straight forward with no real surprises. Some small issues: Couple of the old bolts were near possible to get off, having the car on a lift helped a lot. Had to make the notches in the SLIC a little bigger to accommodate the front sway bar.

First impressions are very positive. Car is a lot tighter now, it drove like a big boat before. I got on it once and it went a lot straighter than before. Then the adjustable wastegate came off so that put an end to my testing for the day. Here are pics without any real adjustments done to the height.
938a8181318b6efcd8353faacd89de27.jpg
e9d54ab05683fb6ac5a728a5911930e1.jpg
02983513e33c139f162a5014c2d04574.jpg
ed34f109b1e8a166f88a3098a722611a.jpg
5bc8529bc7d4254e6d9a44d59d42011d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you check the front upper spring tabs. Make sure the coil overs don't hit these. Some don't check and you will hurt something if they make contact

Boost231 - Yeah we did check them and there was some room to spare but maybe I should check again now that I've driven the car a few miles. Thanks for the heads up.

Also what are you using the car for? I have the ride tech front setup on my car. Not sure if I will do the rear as it still handles good and it 60s like a sob

Ridetech single adjustable coilovers front and rear. Upper and lower control arms front and rear. Ridetech front sway bar and Detroit Speed rear sway bar. I had reputable mechanic install the front parts and a buddy and I installed the rear. Car is aligned and ready to go. Overall the installation was very straight forward with no real surprises. Some small issues: Couple of the old bolts were near possible to get off, having the car on a lift helped a lot. Had to make the notches in the SLIC a little bigger to accommodate the front sway bar.

First impressions are very positive. Car is a lot tighter now, it drove like a big boat before. I got on it once and it went a lot straighter than before. Then the adjustable wastegate came off so that put an end to my testing for the day. Here are pics without any real adjustments done to the height.
938a8181318b6efcd8353faacd89de27.jpg
e9d54ab05683fb6ac5a728a5911930e1.jpg
02983513e33c139f162a5014c2d04574.jpg
ed34f109b1e8a166f88a3098a722611a.jpg
5bc8529bc7d4254e6d9a44d59d42011d.jpg

Looks nice... Did you replace your body bushings, too? Is it a noticeable tighter ride? The reason I ask is, I'm having a Ridetech air ride put on my car now. I did replaced my body bushings. I tore the car a part so, there was no reason not to. I used the the Ridetech front uppers, lowers, and front sway bar. For the rear I used HR adjustable uppers, HR lowers, and the HR rear sway. Did you have any alignment issues? Also, is that an 8.5 or a 9" rear? I have a 9" Moser and there were some issues with mounting the rear shocks. The rear shock mount brackets that mount to the perches on the rear didn't fit properly so I wasn't able to use them. It's a GN perch but I guess it's not exactly the same as the stock perch on the 8.5. Ridetech said they will design the proper mount for me to use with the Moser 9". Waiting for them now. When you take it and really drive it post back what you think of it. Don't hear many people using Ridetech so, I'm kinda curious. Up until yourself Scott from GNS is the only other person I've read about and/or talked to that used all Ridetech. That's who turned me onto it. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Looks nice... Did you replace your body bushings, too? Is it a noticeable tighter ride? The reason I ask is, I'm having a Ridetech air ride put on my car now. I did replaced my body bushings. I tore the car a part so, there was no reason not to. I used the the Ridetech front uppers, lowers, and front sway bar. For the rear I used HR adjustable uppers, HR lowers, and the HR rear sway. Did you have any alignment issues? Also, is that an 8.5 or a 9" rear? I have a 9" Moser and there were some issues with mounting the rear shocks. The rear shock mount brackets that mount to the perches on the rear didn't fit properly so I wasn't able to use them. It's a GN perch but I guess it's not exactly the same as the stock perch on the 8.5. Ridetech said they will design the proper mount for me to use with the Moser 9". Waiting for them now. When you take it and really drive it post back what you think of it. Don't hear many people using Ridetech so, I'm kinda curious. Up until yourself Scott from GNS is the only other person I've read about and/or talked to that used all Ridetech. That's who turned me onto it. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

I'm running the same reared parts as you expect I have the 8.5, I also have the ride tech front setup but no front bar. Car rides and runs like a dream. I use to have a lot of noise up front and it was sloppy. Front is quite and nice and tight now. No alignment issues at all. The rear end in my car is .25 off center but that's ok.

I'm running the same reared parts as you expect I have the 8.5, I also have the ride tech front setup but no front bar. Car rides and runs like a dream. I use to have a lot of noise up front and it was sloppy. Front is quite and nice and tight now. No alignment issues at all. The rear end in my car is .25 off center but that's ok.

Cool.... Thanks for the info! Appreciate it.

I concur with boost231. The car now rides very tight, it rode like a big boat before. Ridetech system is expensive compared to others but well worth the cost.

the air ride is not even close in design or install to the coilover and the two shouldnt be compared just because they share the name ridetech

i put the ridetech coilovers on my moser 9" using the same brackets for the 8.5" ..no issues at all.

Attachments

• 0313151320.jpg
    0313151320.jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 226
Boost231 - Yeah we did check them and there was some room to spare but maybe I should check again now that I've driven the car a few miles. Thanks for the heads up.

easy fix for that was before the shock goes in take an adjustable and adjust it down to about the tab width and they can be bent away easily

I've been running a full ridetech suspension for about a year. I'd like to say the cost justifies itself because that would make me feel better. I can say I'm not disappointed. I drove to a dragcross event this weekend to compete for the first time, but I lost my fuel pump on the way there.. I'll hopefully let you know how it does competitively soon.
under.JPG

I appreciate your input. I'll need to look tonight, but right now there is about a 3 turn difference.