Ridetech G-Body "Tru-Turn" & Coil Over Install

Any updates ? Wanted to know what was found out that made a difference between the two G-Bodies that would make a difference in the
?

Thanks
Don't know for sure what it was that made the difference between the two, Ridetech mentioned that because it had a LS engine in it and the turning radius was hindered due to the center link so when the tru-turn was installed on that car it wasn't noticed.

What we found was a 15% loss in turning radius due to the angle of one of the side supports of the lower a-arms.

They have since re-designed the Rear side support bars on the lower Tru-turn A-arms and also the lower ball joint pockets and they are now testing a set on their MC and a set will be sent to me within a week for me to test on my car. Then from there once everything checks out they will be ready to move forward with sales to customers.

That makes sense, but my next question would be how about the different spindles available for us? such as the different heights with the afx/atx, belltech or 98-02 blazer versus the factory height, wouldn't this have a direct correlation to the bumpsteer?

Any other information on this?

UPDATE!

First let me start out by saying Ridetech done a fantastic job on redesigning these lower control arms! They had to pretty much redesign the whole complete A-arm as you notice there are many changes made. I received the new re-designed lower A-arms in on Friday and installed them today and the turning radius issue is all Fixed! and they even installed a spindle bump stop on these A-arms which is also nice!

...................OLD Version (Loss of turning Radius)..............................................................NEW Version Turning radius (Fixed)
RT A-arms.jpg

Last edited:
Scot,
I will call you Monday morning to get my order going!
Conrad

They look good guess mine will be coming soon been waiting on the revision!
Yes yours and the production pieces will be out shortly. I had already informed Ridetech that the fitment and turning radius is great! Now they can move forward with production which shouldn't take much longer..

Will it accept the stock swaybar? Can't tell by the pictures. I haven't even opened the uppers or coil overs boxes yet. Anxiously waiting for the lowers.

Will it accept the stock swaybar? Can't tell by the pictures. I haven't even opened the uppers or coil overs boxes yet. Anxiously waiting for the lowers.
Yes they are designed to accept a stock sway bar...

Thanks Scot- cant wait to get mine. I'm still trying to figure out what to do about my rear lower coil over brackets with my 12 bolt Moser rear. I read on Ridetechs board that they have made custom brackets before for this by their guy named Darren.

(49-Blues)

Darren told me to have you send me some good close up pictures of your shock mounts on your axle and we will see about getting you some brackets. I wish you would have mentioned you had that rear end when you placed your order and we could have got you the proper brackets from the get go...Either way we will get you fixed up...

Sent from my SCH-R530U using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Thanks Scott- I didn't realize the mounting points might be different than the stock housing. I ll take some pics first chance I get.

Are the arms pictured , both from the same side... ? By the looks of things, it looks like one left and one right one. If they are the same side, I'd say a BIG difference !

Are the arms pictured , both from the same side... ? By the looks of things, it looks like one left and one right one. If they are the same side, I'd say a BIG difference !
Same side, look closely at the sway bar end link holes... ;)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ridetech just informed me the New redesigned a-arms will be shipping out to the customers waiting on them either today or tomorrow!

Scott:

I just had the re-designed lower control arms installed. I was told that unlike the original arms, the new arms do not have grease fittings for the bushings at the point that the arms attach to the frame. Is this intentional or a design oversight? Otherwise the turning radius appears to be back to the orignal amount.

Thanks,

Dick Lynch

Per Darren at Ridetech the new design arms dont have or need the grease zerks due to the bushings having teflon mixed with the delrin which he said need no grease. However i drilled and tapped mine for the zerks everything needs lubed sooner or later but thats just me!

Per Darren at Ridetech the new design arms dont have or need the grease zerks due to the bushings having teflon mixed with the delrin which he said need no grease. However i drilled and tapped mine for the zerks everything needs lubed sooner or later but thats just me!
You are correct! It was not a design oversight as Delrin don't need any lubrication cause it has 34% Teflon impregnated into it..

UPDATE!

After getting the alignment done I must say there is a noticeable improvement to the cars handling! The biggest improvement that I noticed was from the Single adjustable Ridetech coil over shocks... It's only a few weeks away from the RTTH pro-touring event that we will be doing some testing.. Stay tuned for video's and some numbers vs last years numbers...