Revolution X 9.5 NLU Converter

You say major lag now. What converter did you have with the TE45a before? What is your build?
Stock long block
93/Alky 25psi
XFI
PTE SLIC

It had an Edge single disc LU that stalled at 3500@0psi. Lock up wasn't working so it was way too loose at hwy speeds not locked. I just installed a Janis stage 2 trans and the RevX 9.5NL .

think it might be bad .. that’s recommended for a something around 62 turbo. Journal 6665 would be a turd... If it was the Ball bearing T-66 with tiny Garrett housing might not be terrible.
True but also depends on his build/housing and tune, the 65 turbine spools ok with the cast 66 and garrett .63

Stock long block
93/Alky 25psi
XFI
PTE SLIC

It had an Edge single disc LU that stalled at 3500@0psi. Lock up wasn't working so it was way too loose at hwy speeds not locked. I just installed a Janis stage 2 trans and the RevX 9.5NL .
45a is not the best choice for that

True but also depends on his build/housing and tune, the 65 turbine spools ok with the cast 66 and garrett .63

The old 65f1 isn’t that much better than the 62f1 exhaust wheel and needs a lot more to spool.

The old 65f1 isn’t that much better than the 62f1 exhaust wheel and needs a lot more to spool.
Right, and a lot of people band-aid the 45a with a 3600+ stall to get it to spool quick down low on the street and loose its efficiency with slippage up top which is what the 45a is known for big end steam .

I first thought my 9.5 RevX converter was too tight on a footbrake but it's right on spec using trans brake.

Can you give some more details on what you're converter is doing on the Transbrake and where it flashes to under full power from the line?

Can you give some more details on what you're converter is doing on the Transbrake and where it flashes to under full power from the line?
My 2 step is set at 3000rpm and it builds 7psi and stops with my foot on the floor. I'd have to look at the logs to see where it flashes but my new Janis stage 2 shifts around 5100-5200 and drops to 4700-4800rpm if I remember correctly. I need to raise the shift point some. My old trans shifted at 5400 and that seemed to work well.

Did you call FT and tell them your combo and intentions for the car most converter builders ask a lot more about our build. I think that is one thing that installs confidence ,we will get the right converter.
The 9.5 has about a dozen good parts off the shelf to build with.
This may be why OP went with Dave. I have great confidence in FT and believe that have a good products and price wise. Sometimes we need more of a custom converter for our needs, this will drive price up.
These are not $ 1200 custom converter. And neither is Dave’s
Take the 2step out of the equation and see what you can hold.
More boost and rpm better 60 ft. At your power it’s flashing around 47-4800.

When the transbrake is engaged, engine rpm rises up smooth with no struggle, the highest flash stall I've seen this converter was 4800 and climbing when I lifted. It will flash over 5000 while on the transbrake I just didn't let it do it.
Just on foot brake the engine/converter revs to 3000 then struggles to get anymore rpm after that and just blows through my brakes.
When I ordered this converter I gave full throttle all the engine info to get it right and I'm certain R&R converters is who builds these for FT.