Revolution X 9.5 NLU Converter

626gn

I’d like to hear from those who have or had a Revolution X 9.5 NLU Converter (the one currently selling for just under $600) and what they liked or didn’t like about them? I’ve read all the threads I could find on this particular converter but most of them were from when they first came out years ago. In one case it was mentioned they worked well in the sub 10.50 level and coupled good to high 9 second power, which is impressive. There are hardly any recent threads however and I’m curious to know if people are still buying them and if they are liking them, or not.

I am familiar with the other, perhaps more popular choices available (I even ran some of them over the years) and have nothing against running them again. I’m just looking at my options, doing my due diligence…Been on here long enough to know converter choice is critical but obviously not a converter expert. If buying a converter that costs 1k is right for me, so be it. I’m just not sure I need one. The car will mostly be a street car until the new 1/8 mile is built.

9.5:1 long rod stroker, 206 roller, ported irons, TE45a, built trans etc,etc.

I have one, testing on it still. For my comparison the non lock RevX9.5 definitely couples better than my 10"ptc nonlock did, the RevX was tighter in lower rpm vs 10"ptc. The RevX did get me my personal best MPH over the PTC.

Knowing my converter needed to be changed, I struggled with the converter decision for years. Researched and read everything I could find.

Now, I am getting too old and tired to test and change converters on my back, and wanted something with sufficient real life data, and proven performance. Ended with a 9.5 PTC from @bison

Just sharing my decision and experience. Hope that helps.

I have one, testing on it still. For my comparison the non lock RevX9.5 definitely couples better than my 10"ptc nonlock did, the RevX was tighter in lower rpm vs 10"ptc. The RevX did get me my personal best MPH over the PTC.
Hey Adam, been a while since we last spoke hope things are going well... I've already ruled out the 10" PTC as being an option for me but I appreciate you sharing your findings, though I can't say I'm surprised. Was there an et gain as well? Thanks.

Contact Dave Husek. His converters work. For around the same price I believe 600 or 650. I’m running a 45a also. Look at my signature. 10.06 @ 135 1.43 60ft. Dave’s stuff works and he will spec it for your combo.

Knowing my converter needed to be changed, I struggled with the converter decision for years. Researched and read everything I could find.

Now, I am getting too old and tired to test and change converters on my back, and wanted something with sufficient real life data, and proven performance. Ended with a 9.5 PTC from @bison

Just sharing my decision and experience. Hope that helps.
Totally hear you and is the main reason I'm here asking. Can't go wrong making the same choice you did. Just trying to leave no stone unturned before the decision is made. I appreciate your input.

Totally hear you and is the main reason I'm here asking. Can't go wrong making the same choice you did. Just trying to leave no stone unturned before the decision is made. I appreciate your input.
I hear you man. It wasn't an easy decision until Bison mentioned that every car he put a 9.5 PTC in, went faster.

I realize technology isn't static, but I hate doing transmission work. Lol. Good luck!

Just to give you a perspective. I picked up 7 tenths and 8mph with a converter swap and 3 more psi. Not a apples to apples swap. But I was running a art car 16930 and it was way looser driving around.

Contact Dave Husek. His converters work. For around the same price I believe 600 or 650. I’m running a 45a also. Look at my signature. 10.06 @ 135 1.43 60ft. Dave’s stuff works and he will spec it for your combo.
No doubt a consideration. I've had his converter before. Just seeing what else shakes out, can't help myself. LOL

ET/MPH is in my sig with a REAL AC 16930 with a 6262 JB. Bracket racing the car I routinely went 7 flat at 100 all day long on 23 PSI, 780/780 for fuel and an easy 1.68 launch leaving at 2800 RPM off the foot brake. Timing was 26/28 on race gas with Erics 5.7 112 race chip. If the funds are available go with a PTC 9.5 NL. Contact either Dusty or Bison to spec it for you. The torque convertor is the most crucial piece of the puzzle...and most get it wrong.

626GN things are going well. My car would have gotten a better ET with the RevX converter when I first installed it however a lot of engine problems developed and I never finished my testing of the RevX converter. Now in 2020 I'm ready to finish the tests and put my machine in the 10's.

The car will mostly be a street car until the new 1/8 mile is built.
It sure is nice to have a lock up when you drive on the street. Expressway driving is pretty much the only time I lock up the converter.

The only 2 convertors that can be locked at WOT for racing are the 9/11 and the Precision multidisc. You're gonna 1/8th mile race it...so you'll need a convertor that will couple well. Basically you'll need a convertor that slips in the single digits. Hint. If you can't get the HP to the back tires...then you're going nowhere fast.

The only 2 convertors that can be locked at WOT for racing are the 9/11 and the Precision multidisc. You're gonna 1/8th mile race it...so you'll need a convertor that will couple well. Basically you'll need a convertor that slips in the single digits. Hint. If you can't get the HP to the back tires...then you're going nowhere fast.
Also (for newbies), better have a SOLID transmission build if locking at WOT with some power.

Reducing slip 5% at 600 crank HP (arbitrary numbers) adds up ad the tire. Lol