Reviving the lost ride

GoldHawg

More progress. I have the engine cleaned and disassembled to get to timing chain. I will also change the rear main seal while handy, and replace the valve springs. The chain felt pretty tight and no nylon was in the pan. For those engine gurus anything you see to be concerned about? I will also take the intake manifold off and paint it; looks pretty dirty. The rear end is installed w/new Ridetech hardware. Only issue is I had to drill out my freshly powder-coated frame to support the 1/2" bolts in lieu of the factory 12mm.

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3563.jpg
    IMG_3563.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3564.jpg
    IMG_3564.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3565.jpg
    IMG_3565.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3568.jpg
    IMG_3568.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3570.jpg
    IMG_3570.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 25

GoldHawg

Yesterday I got most of the front Ridetech front strong arm suspension on, to include the LS1 brakes on Blazer spindles. Today the Raptor undercoating came in from Amazon and I got the underside finished.

Attachments

• IMG_3573.jpg
    IMG_3573.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3574.jpg
    IMG_3574.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 19

longbedGTs

high on gas fumes
Looking great! If you're shopping for a rear bumper filler, I'd recommend the one piece rear bumper filler from Spoolfool on this site. Fits great and is a much cleaner look than having the 2 piece overlap deal at the gas filler area.

GoldHawg

Looking great! If you're shopping for a rear bumper filler, I'd recommend the one piece rear bumper filler from Spoolfool on this site. Fits great and is a much cleaner look than having the 2 piece overlap deal at the gas filler area.
Thanks for the recco; I do need bumper fillers and I'll get the one-piece from spoolfool.

VandaLL

wastegate cleaner
Fantastic build! I jumped over from g-body forum. I will be following along, keep up the good work

V6BEAST

Yesterday I got most of the front Ridetech front strong arm suspension on, to include the LS1 brakes on Blazer spindles. Today the Raptor undercoating came in from Amazon and I got the underside finished.
Which Raptor kit did you go with?
And what kind of ( sq ft ) coverage did you get out of it?
From the pictures, the results look good.

GoldHawg

Which Raptor kit did you go with?
And what kind of ( sq ft ) coverage did you get out of it?
From the pictures, the results look good.
I got this one. I probably could have gotten by with 2 of the four cans, but I missed a spot on the spare tire hump, so I went back an hour later and added one more can. I'm really happy with the result.