Retro car stereos?

101prf

Anyone used a stereo from Custom auto sounds? I'm looking for a stereo for my wife's 66 mustang and would like to keep it looking original. Just looking for feedback on their sound and quality. Anyone know if any vendors here sell them?

Yea theyre expensive for what they are. Theres companies that will take your orig radio.and make it am/fm w aux for ipods etc. It maybe more but you keep it really factory looking!

The original is gone. It was replaced with a old audiovox tape player that does not work. On ebay they are about $159-229 shipped but not sure about the sound.

Aell in that case I think they serve their purpose but it will matter if your speakers are blown/old as well.. I believe tgey also make secret audio which was good sounding

I have one from them called Retrosounds, it has a headphone jack, a USB port, and MP3 player. I really like it and it powers the stock replacement speakers nicely. My car is a 68 skylark. Their customer service is good too.

I have one from them called Retrosounds, it has a headphone jack, a USB port, and MP3 player. I really like it and it powers the stock replacement speakers nicely. My car is a 68 skylark. Their customer service is good too.
I also have a Retro Sound unit in my '71 Chevelle. It fits in the stock radio opening, has both USB and iPod ports so no need to carry cd's anymore…(y)

Claude.