Retired from US Air Force yesterday

CONGRATS!!!!!:biggrin: Thats something that i should have done and did not do (go to the military) I regret it. I was a cocky assHo-e then and told the AF to fu@k off when they said that i was to dumb to get in. The sad thing is that the usmc recruter told me that he liked my attidude and said he would see that i got it. Still pised off and told him the same. I will say that i still suport my boys but i will not suport the president.

So Rob, when ya getting back to Texas. Congrats on the retirement and thank you.

Not sure. The job I was hoping for in San Antonio did not pan out. I'm looking at a few opportunities in Texas, Illinois, Tennessee, and The Netherlands right now.

Not sure. The job I was hoping for in San Antonio did not pan out. I'm looking at a few opportunities in Texas, Illinois, Tennessee, and The Netherlands right now.

From experience stay the H@LL out of TN. Lost my @ss there and wouldn't go there on a bet.

Congrats here from another AF member. I hope to retire one day too but I have another 9 to go before I can think about it.

Welcome to the civy world! Its fun but you'll miss it every once in a while. I still work on base and they're having exercises this week. Mop-4, turning jets, ground attacks. I was like "I WANNA PLAY!!!" Maybe i'll try out the reserve.
But CONGRATS!!!

Hooah............Army here...........Congrats.................sit back, relax and do some work on the Buick! I know it probably feels wierd not being active duty anymore. You will get used to it though. Bad thing is that when you go to the VA Hospital for anything, it feels like you are in a Walmart or something....you know....Welcome to Walmart.....get your chit and get out! :smile:

Many thanks to you for your help in protecting our freedom and rights. Congratulations on your retirement. I hope you enjoy a LLLLOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG and pleasant 'rest of your life'.

congrats and thank you from another member of the USAF.

i've only been in 2 years and a couple of months, but i know ill be in for the long haul.

what was your job? i'm offensive avionics systems on the b-1, and i love it.

congrats and thank you from another member of the USAF.

i've only been in 2 years and a couple of months, but i know ill be in for the long haul.

what was your job? i'm offensive avionics systems on the b-1, and i love it.

Thanks. I was the career field manager for the Safety career field.

Rob

congrats chief, i was in same boat 3 yrs ago debatin weather or not to stay in with my carrier field gone and unit closing, i applied for a job at Northop and was accepted. pay is really good, got about 10k raise in less thab 3 yrs, benifits are ok but camaraderie is pretty much nonexistent for the most part. i work with quite a few former gi's so not to bad and i'm right across the runway from my old unit. if you see something that interest you at Northrop let me know, i should be able to put i good word for ya.
dale

Thanks for your service and God bless you in your future endeavors.

Congratulations on a successful career! Now the fun begins!
Thank you very much for your service to the country. I appreciate it very much.:cool: