Restoring a GNX cluster

TireFryer

The New Kid
I have an authentic GNX cluster and it has 143k miles on it. I would like to restore it to it's original glory. Any pointers on where to start or how to approach this project? Once complete, not sure if it'll go back on the car or remain on my shelf.
Along same lines, the car was calibrated (how was a GNX calibrated for the 140mph speedo) for the SW speedo... What would I need to undo to be able to use the stock T cluster?
Thank you.

the only change for a SW speedo is the upper speedometer cable , to go back youll need a oe slip type cable for the oe ttype cluster.
main cluster wiring plug should be there unmolested unless it was a digital dash option car then youll need to do some work to go to an analog cluster ,
the backer (black part) behind gauges should be replaced since its cutout for the gauges cluster and it needs to be uncut to reinstall the main connector plug , there was also a wire protector on back of that plastic backer and it sould be returned to protect the wiring
water and oil sensors need to be disconnected at engine and sensors replaced with the oe idiot senders

how bout a pic of the gnx cluster

20181105_200145.jpg

Analog original cluster so thankfully no need to adapt over from digital dash.
What does the GNX waer temp sender look like and located, so I can look to remove and preserve it along with the oil pressure sender.

sender screws in on passenger side of intake face
if your looking to sell i might be interested thats a 160 SW speedo not 140

sender screws in on passenger side of intake face
if your looking to sell i might be interested thats a 160 SW speedo not 140
Appreciate the insight and advice however, this'll stay with me for the foreseeable future
Have original order receipt from ASC for all parts and installation, so neat little package and history piece.

Appreciate the insight and advice however, this'll stay with me for the foreseeable future
Have original order receipt from ASC for all parts and installation, so neat little package and history piece.
What did you pay and what year?

What did you pay and what year?
Original owner knew people @ ASC and as a favor was able to get a GNX cluster from them and have them install it on his 87T... XRay confirmed said person and purchase based on documents provided. Purchase was made in late 87/early 88... Have to confirm on receipt.

cluster fix out of Spokane Washington
might have some insight for you
sent my 93 bronco instrument cluster to them to fix
it went bad causing all kind of shift and speedo issues it worked great when I got it back from them great guys

Thanks for all the suggestions... I will be reaching out to a client of mine, Classic Instruments in Boyne City, MI, to see if they can assist in this restoration process as well. Will look into Cluster Fix as well.