Resto-mod 700hp 65 Nova SS, $22k, NJ

nighthawk355x

Disciple of speed
Selling my 65 Nova clone, car has 140k on shell, though at this point the only things with original miles are a few trim screws. Car was totally restored in 2007, and built to the tune of 700hp. The term "bat **** insane" doesn't really even scratch the surface on this car. It has 2000 miles MAX on the restoration and all mods. Its killing me to sell it, but I just have zero time for it. I bought it on an impulse because I wanted a sick toy. At the time the wife was pregnant, but I said its ok, I'll have time. Yeah, well...not the case. So now its either let it sit, or let it go to a good home. Car is insane but somehow very consistent & reliable. I drove it daily for 2 weeks once...terrible on gas but damn reliable, lol.

It's been to the track once, before I had it, ran 11.3 in the 1/4 on 5psi boost, now it sits at 10psi. I have the slip to prove it and a folder with over $40k in receipts for just about every nut & bolt. It's every bit of a low 10 second car, possible even 9's with the right conditions/driver. Feel free to price out a project like this, you'll hit $50k very quick. I'm asking literally half of whats in it, $22kand I may negotiate somewhat but don't be stupid, I'm not taking $15k, and don't want any trades. Cash or certified bank check, cars not leaving my possession until the money is cleared in my account so no BS. Call or text 732-510-8547

Details: and trust me this is the short list, I guarantee I'm missing A LOT. No expense was spared at all when building this car. Car is manual steering & brakes, fyi

Motor: chromed out fully forged 383 stroker, aftermarket full roller valvetrain, extensively modified vortec heads, big cam, intake, 750dp carb, electric water pump, electric fans, aluminum radiator, headers, high flow mufflers with side exit exhaust before the rear wheels

Trans: built TH350, 3500 stall converter, forward manual valve body, ratchet shifter, driveshaft loop

Rear: built & narrowed Ford 9" from a Lincoln Versailles, 31 spline axles, detroit locker, 3:73's

Suspension: completely redone drag suspension setup with every bell/whistle imaginable

Fuel system: Aeromotive A1000 in line, full stainless braided lines front to back, AN fittings everywhere with 2 in line filters, 10 gallon aluminum fuel cell

Brakes: 4 wheel disc, non-power

Body/Chassis: 100% all new sheet metal top to bottom, no bondo, no rust, fiberglass cowl hood, fiberglass front bumper, all trim & bumpers painted gunmetal, SS emblems & 383 emblems, great paintjob(maybe not barrett jackson quality, but a $3500 job none-the-less), undercarriage is totally clean and painted up nicely, battery kill switch on rear,

Interior: 100% redone from the headliner to the carpet, reupholstered seats front & rear, ford maverick front buckets, weld-in 4pt roll cage with swing out/removable door bars and removable harness bar, autometer boost/fuel/volt/water/oil gauges, grant GT wood steering wheel with black & red bowtie horn button, radio in glove box(no clue if it works, never used it because you'd never hear it anyway)