Reputable Engine Builder(s) In GA

hawkfan

Found some coolant in #1 during a spark plug change. With 130K on the original motor, I'm thinking about doing a full rebuild instead of just doing gaskets but can't pull the engine myself. Are there any reputable builders in GA? I figured I'd ask before I have the car shipped 400 miles away to VA.

TTA308

There was a guy named Fred near FLA, GA line that owned a shop, and several GN's, i will see if i can find his # though i have no idea if he is still around.

hawkfan

Thanks. Both Wildcat and Richard Clark's garage are about 4hrs away (I'm in Augusta). Much closer than what I was looking at before. I'm leaning heavily towards Richard Clark due to his history with these cars. Thanks again.

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
Thanks. Both Wildcat and Richard Clark's garage are about 4hrs away (I'm in Augusta). Much closer than what I was looking at before. I'm leaning heavily towards Richard Clark due to his history with these cars. Thanks again.

Love the white ones, BTW..........

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    901.7 KB · Views: 24

hawkfan

Love the white ones, BTW..........
Yeah the GN's are great but there's something about the Turbo T Limited. It's like a couch strapped to a rocket. Reminds me of my first car (white '84 Olds Cutlass Supreme) on steroids. Yours has a heckuva lot more under the hood than mine does though. :)

hawkfan

Josh White is in GA and works on Buicks
Thanks. Georgia Automotive Performance is only 2 hours away from me. I'm deciding whether to ship it to them or Richard Clark in NC. RCG has a great reputation.

Anthony P

sharing knowledge with those who care to listen
There was a guy named Fred near FLA, GA line that owned a shop, and several GN's, i will see if i can find his # though i have no idea if he is still around.

you're thinking of Fred Smith in Hahira, GA. shop is Fred's Turbo Performance - 229.794.2337. He's a GM Master Tech. I met him in the mid-2000s at the GS Nats. below is the link when he introduced his business on the forum here.

Freds Turbo Performance

to the OP, you have plenty of good choices from which to choose.

hawkfan

you're thinking of Fred Smith in Hahira, GA. shop is Fred's Turbo Performance - 229.794.2337. He's a GM Master Tech. I met him in the mid-2000s at the GS Nats. below is the link when he introduced his business on the forum here.

Freds Turbo Performance

to the OP, you have plenty of good choices from which to choose.
Not sure he's still in business. Google shows "permanently closed".

Anthony P

sharing knowledge with those who care to listen
funny thing before al gore invented the internet. we used a telephone for communicating...

Well, the phone # I posted for Fred's shop works. Odd @hawkfan choose to search via google instead of just calling Fred's shop with the number provided. o_O

hawkfan

Well the slim chance of getting by with just head gasket replacements is out the window. #1 is gone so new pistons are happening. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm shipping the car off to get this done right.
20210914142646.jpg