Reproduction header panel?

skidlid

Has anyone used a repo header panel recently? Planned on driving the gn today, parked it in front of the shop and an employee backed into it and broke the header panel. Could have been much worse scratched the bumper, grille and ruined the impact strip. I do own a body shop and have used repo headers in the past but I want a quality part the first time. If you have what was good?

Tmk . . There is no good "fits right the first time" header panel . . Lol
Since you own a body shop, you are really in the BEST position to let us know how much work is involved with whatever panel you end up with.

Could not find a used one. Tried all my vendors for a reproduction . Tried the supporting vendors, the earliest any could be found was 90 days away. That's basically the whole summer . Ordered one from a eBay store that specialize in restoration parts. Got the part, required much work but finally on. Steps required are the following:
Test fit to car, required trimming of header to fit hood line straighter

Had to build up right outer edge as it was cut out of mold incorrectly

Blocked out all gel coat, fixed minor cracks and pinholes

File adjuster holes, too small. Test fit bezels and grill. Bezel screw holes use different clips than factory.

Applied primer surfacer, more pinholes generally show up at this point in poor glass like this. I then apply a two part glaze putty in pinholes.

Once cured block out and prep for sealer and paint.

Installation required me to use the original studs that go in the lower middle of header. The aftermarket are too long. Lots of reaming out holes and such required to get a good fit.

Was it worth it? If I had to do this for a customer the bill to get it to this point would be large. I would have had a gm one but that just wasn't possible. I do believe the part was too expensive for the poor quality it was . If you have no choice and have some skill it can be done though.