Reproduction AC hose/pipe users check in!

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Bought a set of the reproduction AC hose/pipe assemblies that are now available along with a GM compressor and condenser. The new compressor requires and different type of seal and in this application also needs a small insert pressed into the discharge pilot of the hose block. My issue is I can not for the life of me get that insert to press into the pilot. For shits and giggles I tried an extra insert in my original hose assembly and it pressed in like a hot knife thru butter. And to make matters worse I found a crack in the suction pipe just coming out of the hose block. Not sure if it is just superficial or not. Have already contacted the manufacturer but no one there to answer my question about the insert.

FYI, that is the longer insert installed. Didn't want to waste a shorter one on the old setup.

Pictures below! First one shows insert installed on my original hose assembly. 2nd is the repro. 3rd pic is of the crack. Not like I am a total newbie on this stuff. Just wanted all new parts since the car was ripped down to the bare frame rails.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
Mark, I wouldn't trust that crack.

Pulled a vacuum on the old lines and no apparent leaks. Remember these are off my GN that has 37,000 miles on it. Going to pull a vacuum on the line with the crack in it. Even if it doesn't leak a crack isn't going to get any better!

Good thing you caught it now. I've learned my lesson. I look everything over several time before I use it.

Mark, why not change the hoses on the original pipes, and be done w/ the Ho Chi Min stuff?

ugh.... guess I'll be sprucing up my original parts rather than mess with that crap.....

Mark, why not change the hoses on the original pipes, and be done w/ the Ho Chi Min stuff?

Just going to reuse my originals after I flush them. They held a vacuum overnight. Still look good too. Just thought it was a good idea to replace everything while the whole front of the car was disassembled . These new hoses were GM reproductions.

Got a set from Highway Stars, no issues look nice powder coated as well. But Chuck is correct put new rubber on the OE lines and reuse them.

Mark,
So will you be posting some pics of this minor tear down and repaint ? Would like to know who got your trust and blessing to touch such a nice car. :)