Repro billet horn ring - ebay one

Tori

Recently bought the reproduction billet "exact match" horn ring that is commonly listed on ebay. Has anyone else bought one of these ? I really like the piece, but the color is way off. It's almost black. I've contacted the seller and his response was to send it back. I really don't want to, but i also don't want to look at its mis-matched coloring. Does the one Kirbans sell match closer ?
Here is the link on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-87-Bui...ing-/330800427308?hash=item4d053df12c&vxp=mtr

I've taken some pictures of this side by side with my OEM horn ring, it's hard to get it to reflect the color difference in a picture, but it really is too dark.

Anyone have any thoughts on this ?
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG

Where did you buy the billet one? Reason I ask is our company had them made first years ago and another company also makes them and I know their color is off from ours. The problem is the powder coating with crinkle finish is hard to duplicate to the original plastic one so we get ours powder coated and then spray it the correct grey before dropping in the fake screws.

SO I am guessing if you have a buillet one you did not get it from Kirbans...(me)....

We have sold well over 1,000 of them...actually one of the few parts we had made better than the GM original which was a poor design plastic secure by two screws....translation....warps oevr a period of time and cracks and rite their in front of your eyes when you drive.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Its like many things today their can be several reproductions of the same part.....

Hi Dennis, thanks for the response. (not trying to be a jerk) Did you read my initial post ? It says where i bought it, and also where i inquired about yours. LOL Clearly didn't buy yours. But thinking of returning this one and buying yours. I wanted to call you today and ask about yours and if it is an EXACT match to the rest of the grey on the steering wheel, and column. If so, i'm in, and will buy tomorrow.

Anyway, here is a picture of the instructions that came with this one. Looks very similar to the instructions that comes with yours.

photo(1).JPG

BTW, the packaging says it came from some place called " The Parts Place Inc. "

The company that "copied" mine "copied" my directions as well. I told him his color is off....but says no one has raised that issue.

Mine the color is dead on....as I spray them after they are powder coated as none of the powder coating is a dead on match.

Its like the floor mats we sell ACC only makes the proper cut ones for our company the others all sell ones that do not have the OEM factory installed cut on the drivers front floor mat.

Most people may not matter but ones we sell are dead on correct.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Hi Dennis, the seller told me the same thing. I spoke to Pete today, i asked him if yours matched, and he said no. That all the interiors have faded so the ring wont match. That i'd have to paint it.

Now i'm really confused ? ? ?

we have sold over 1,000 of these horn rings no one has ever raised a concern about the color of ours...our color if its not exact is close enough that nobody quesitons it. it is done int he same grey that we sell in the cans....

end of confusion...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

its tough to match something that was done in plastic that is now done in metal....but again its far closer than what you got from the competition...

I have a Kitbans in my car and it matches great! Damn nice piece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we have sold over 1,000 of these horn rings no one has ever raised a concern about the color of ours...our color if its not exact is close enough that nobody quesitons it. it is done int he same grey that we sell in the cans....

end of confusion...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

its tough to match something that was done in plastic that is now done in metal....but again its far closer than what you got from the competition...

Thanks Dennis, i'll be placing an order for one tomorrow. I trust your word.

i ordered one from ebay "the parts place" retailer. it had tons of color flakes, and in the sunlight looked pearlescent. needless to say I returned it. I had one of Dennis' rings in my hand last weekend at the Kirban spring meetup, It was in a box next to Pete's little station. It looked pretty darn accurate to me. I should have bought it but I'm holding out for an original ring.

Paint the damned thing and get over it. People are being beheaded, set on fire, and thrown from rooftops in Syria and Iraq...meanwhile we're concerned about why our aftermarket steering wheel horn ring doesn't match our interior. Sorry to troll but this is a bit much. Be thankful for what you have.

Iv'e had LOTS of original ones (even brand new) that were a little different in color. Here's two, one being an original and one has Dennis's billet ring on it.Can you tell me which is which ?? Thanks Mike
PS. If I spend $50 for a damn horn ring it better be REAL !! close to GM's.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
Tori I think that horn ring its out of luck,I try to fix it,getting another one,with no luck,and now look at all the problems your having,good luck bud.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thought I would take a break for my 2 cents here.

I bought the Dennis version - it's very close! You almost have to have both in your hand to easily tell them apart. A person would need to be looking for differences then. Kirban's is a good color match too. However I'm guessing that my Regal has not been left out in the sun very often.

Now back to the crazy brutal, depressing, bizarre, ridiculous, self-righteous and inhumane world at large. Holy crap did you see that?!#!

Paint the damned thing and get over it. People are being beheaded, set on fire, and thrown from rooftops in Syria and Iraq...meanwhile we're concerned about why our aftermarket steering wheel horn ring doesn't match our interior. Sorry to troll but this is a bit much. Be thankful for what you have.

Are you F'ing kidding me with that ? How about i cave in your fender, and you just accept it and be happy for what you have. :sour: That's the stupidest post i've ever seen on a forum.

Iv'e had LOTS of original ones (even brand new) that were a little different in color. Here's two, one being an original and one has Dennis's billet ring on it.Can you tell me which is which ?? Thanks Mike
PS. If I spend $50 for a damn horn ring it better be REAL !! close to GM's.

Thanks Mike, those both look great from here. I ordered one of Dennis' today. Looking forward to receiving it.