Replacing the turbo of my 85 t-type need some help...

LBC_85TType

Hello,

I just got my turbo in today, i really never changed out a turbo before. I just wanted to know if i need to look out for anything special or do before and after.

Any input and pictures would be great thanks.;)

-Mike:confused:

there is an oil drain tube under the turbo to the intake... try your best not to kink it... they are also a pain in the anus to get back in when you are reinstalling the new turbo... use a little spray lubricant on the turbo bell (like liquid wrench or PB blaster), and just rock it back and forth a little bit to work it loose...

There is a thread on here that has modifications that make life a little easier working on these bad boys, but I cant find it... it is past the 2nd page of hot air threads (which doesnt exist for some reason...)

Good luck and if anyone else has a link to that cool thread, please post it!!!

It should be a sticky!!!

John:biggrin:

there is an oil drain tube under the turbo to the intake... try your best not to kink it... they are also a pain in the anus to get back in when you are reinstalling the new turbo... use a little spray lubricant on the turbo bell (like liquid wrench or PB blaster), and just rock it back and forth a little bit to work it loose...

There is a thread on here that has modifications that make life a little easier working on these bad boys, but I cant find it... it is past the 2nd page of hot air threads (which doesnt exist for some reason...)

It should be a sticky!!!

Thanks John it really helped to use some of that spray. came off pretty good. I got the turbo out and i am just putting the new turbo back in making sure everything fits up good.

Thanks again and yeah ill try to find that page.

-Mike:D

It should be a sticky!!!

Where you looking for this one...

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ho...op-3-modifications-hot-air-2.html#post2327849

"PS- need to change the "display threads from one month to one year at bottom of page"

Mike- i assume the turbo got there OK? Don't be afraid to give me a call if i can help. KEITH

Turbo squeaking - no shaft play

Mike- i assume the turbo got there OK? Don't be afraid to give me a call if i can help. KEITH

Sweet thanks man ill give you a call tomorrow about the squeaking noise i am still getting.

Some general questions.

What happens if there is no oil in the turbo before starting it???

What happens if you hear a squeaky noise at 4000k RPM, what does that mean?

Can the turbo bearings get messed up if i was to start the car and rev it will it heat the bearings up and messed them up with little oil. Or how long does it take for the bearings to mess up with out much oil?

Things i did when i installed the new turbo.

Checked all fittings
Check all vacuum lines and zipped tied all ends
Check for any leaks
Prime the turbo with a bit of oil before start.
Cleaned mass air flow sensor
Cleaned throttle body
Installed new gaskets
Verify that all brackets are sturdy

Anything that i am missing?

Still getting a squeaky noise at hi RMP and under load. No squeaking at idle.

Need help please.

-Mike