Replacing outer window seals!

I loosened ( or even took off, can't remember) the guideclips for the window. That allowed me to tilt the window inward just enough to use a phillips bit in a needle-nose visegrip to get at the screws.

Might I suggest a little PB blaster on the screws to make sure they come loose & not just strip out the heads. ;)

use a pair of visegrips on a phillips attachment and you will have to pry outward on the visegrips against the window (softly) so you dont break the window. and make sure you have spares incase you drop one in the door.(both,screws and phillips tips).:biggrin:n just replaced mine x2

It worked guys. PITA but it worked. It gave me the opportunity to exercise my cuss words.:rolleyes: Again, thanks.

I took off the window guides too. Placed a rag on the window glass. Then I could wedge a little hex phillips nut driver nut into the screw. I also put a rachet wrench on the hex nut. Then pushed the glass (w/rag to protect it) up to teh nut so it didn't back out. Then I turned the rachet wrench and the screws came right out. Use a magnet tool to retrieve anything that falls into the door- it will happen.

Pulling the glass out is easier, just a couple of bolts... Not that big a deal... Better than risking damage. At least you got the bolts out...:cool:

use a pair of visegrips on a phillips attachment and you will have to pry outward on the visegrips against the window (softly) so you dont break the window. and make sure you have spares incase you drop one in the door.(both,screws and phillips tips).:biggrin:n just replaced mine x2

lol..I did the same thing...juss took me a while to figure out the process.

There is a window glass stop dead center on the bottom of the door. Pull the interior door panels.
Remove the stop & the glass goes all the way down to allow you to get to the screws.
Only time we remove the glass is when we are sending a car out for paint. It does make it easy for the install before we put the glass back in.

Sorry David it would have saved you alot of cussing :wink:

I've been meaning to replace mine for a year now. I think I'll do it in November when I come home. :cool:

You can buy 90 degree screwdrivers. They work pretty well. Oh, be sure to grease those window tracks since you're in there.

There is a window glass stop dead center on the bottom of the door. Pull the interior door panels.
Remove the stop & the glass goes all the way down to allow you to get to the screws.
Only time we remove the glass is when we are sending a car out for paint. It does make it easy for the install before we put the glass back in.

Sorry David it would have saved you alot of cussing :wink:
Thanks Dennis, BTW these were the ones you sell {not OEM}. They are fantastic quality.:cool: