Replacing ATR waste gate diaphragm

0-60n4

I'm replacing the diaphragm in my ATR wastegate and there is. Gasket there now that is damaged. I guess I have to make my own new gasket. But my question is how does the diaphragm seal? Does it need to glue to the gasket? Or does it pinch between the body and the top hat?

Ah, never mind that question. I see the outer lip of the diaphragm is like an o-ring and gets caught in the groove in the upper hat. I'll a new gasket and be good to go.

That's where I got mine. The picture did not show a gasket and it was not listed in the description so I called them and they said it did not come with a new gasket which seemed odd. So I bought some gasket material and made my own and stuck it on the wastegate housing with some high temp silicone the night before the replacement was to arrive so I would be ready to install it. What do you know, it came with a new gasket. But in the end it all worked out good and after getting the top port hose connected that was missing since I got the car, it now controls boost properly for the first time. Finally!