Replacement calipers? Brake proportion valve?

PNYKLR

I wanted to bleed the brakes on the GN the front bleeders are both rusted.

I wanted to replace the front calipers, but autozone and advance have crap, my local guy has centric but they dont come with pads for $35 plus $30 core charge

Rock auto has delco, centric, raybestos and a1-cardone for loaded ones and retech, wagner,a1 cardone,centric and power stop

I dont have the $$ for Wilwood I looked them up already

Supposedly my rear brakes had no fluid in them when he tried to bleed them I was there watching

He said to replace the calipers since the bleeders are frozen and we can start there

Any advice greatly appreciated

Don't know who Bob H is but he's a non supporting vendor, so please remove the link in your sig. That's a no no Chris.

Have you checked rock auto or one of our paying vendors? Kirbans has the prop valve and I'm sure Dennis has the calipers.

Don't know who Bob H is but he's a non supporting vendor, so please remove the link in your sig. That's a no no Chris.

Have you checked rock auto or one of our paying vendors? Kirbans has the prop valve and I'm sure Dennis has the calipers.

You dont know who he is ? He is a moderator and a paying vendor under intercooled88s (Bob Hebert)

Thanks for your help I prefer to get the part local from a local store in case I have to return it asap

Dennis does not have calipers listed on his website besides Baer which is out of my price range but I will check with him on the valve tomorrow

Last edited:
Also if you read my post and not just concentrated on my signature it clearly says I checked Rock and that I was asking for help as to which one to choose

I know Bob by his board name, not by his real name. LOL Might want to add his board name so no one else gets confused.

I know Dennis has the prop valve but I'm surprised he doesn't have the calipers. You might try sending him a note because he did have them at one time.

ya I'm going to check with him in the morning I need to get this fixed asap I'm going to have to take a day off of work to get it into the shop which sucks

I sold my Century GS to Bob and my regal and ended up buying the Regal back to make it a 455 car . I've been dealing with him for parts at least 15 years I think he keeps his name secret to avoid the acura guys

As far as brand goes, it really shouldn't make much difference. One other thing to consider is that the S-10 and F body (3rd gen) use the same calipers so you might try looking for them and get the price down some.;)

I got the proportioning valve ordered from Kirban. They don't have the calipers though I'll scout for them now

I have a set of oreilly refurb barely used and i'll throw in steel braided lines. $35 shipped
Maybe 300 miles on them before I upgraded.

Most part stores will list the same caliper for 1978 - 2003 for g-body cars (TR, Monte Carlo, El Camino, etc.), F-body (Camaro/Firebird), and S10 Trucks and SUVs.

Centric replacement calipers from rockauto.com. They are about $33 plus shipping. I have bought a few of these and I find them to be very good quality for a rebuilt caliper.

Part number are:

Afco has a new replacement calipers for gbody (metric chassis). They are about $49.99 plus shipping. $100 order are free shipping at Summit Racing, Jegs, and Speedway Motors.

The part numbers are:

There are also many aluminum single piston and dual piston calipers that are bolt in for stock front brake systems.