Replaced Original exhaust and now shifts differently

Joeld

Replaced original cat back with dual from Y pipe back.
Now shifting much later and feels like shifting much softer including downshifts.
Looking for any advice.
Stock computer, TT Chip, stock injectors, stock MAf, stock intake, etc.
Thanks,
Joel

There is nothing exhaust related to affect the shift quality or timing of the trans.

Now there is always the possibility that something got damaged during the install
and I would check to see if you some how damaged the TV cable that goes to
the trans...it goes into the trans on the passenger side front down near the pan rail.

look for damage at the plastic housing where it goes into the trans or possibly the
the cable sheathing is pinched somewhere along its path back up to the throttle body.

Unhook the TV cable where it attaches on the throttle body and see if it has a smooth
pull on it....it should get progressively tighter as it nears the end of its travel.
If it feels extremely tight or loose it has been damaged in some way....
the tv cable is the controller of your trans and its operation is critical to the way the trans
operates....

Basic tv cable adjustment, this will get it close and you may need to go 1 or 2 clicks tighter or looser to get
proper operation of trans shift points and shift feel.

Be advised though that indiscriminate adjusting of the tv cable all over the place and driving
the car will inflict injury to your trans and pain to your wallet.

If the cable is moving as it should as described in my post above and the adjustment is close
I would put a pressure gauge on the line pressure port of the trans and check for proper
pressure and pressure rise in respect to throttle opening.

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/tv-cable.253656/#post-1894535

Thanks much. Adjusted tv cable and all is well. I followed instructions to press tab pull back towards firewall and then fully depress gas peddle and now back to as it had been.

Thanks to all,
Joel