Repeat procedure.

Because I an still running what is considered a single 255lph fuel pump I got an upgrade with some really nice specifications. A Bosch 044 style AEM 380lph@43psi and 270lph@120psi.

But in the meantime the dual nozzle upgrade on my Alkycontrol is providing plenty of fuel.

I removed the old intercooler since boost or a restriction blew the plastic inlet tank off. It was only a 2.5" in/out, I think the core matrix was fairly efficient and it was living with boost above 30psi for 3.5-4 years before It blew. Behr made it, it was a 2005 model. The new intercooler is 3" in/out I don't know for sure if it is an upgrade or not. I do know it is heavier than I figured. Some pics of the two with comparison and the new one installed.

The cast number is on the bottom drivers side .The reason why i asked is becouse i have a same year block.Im scepticle about it even being a turbo block allthough it does have all the parts of a 84/85 hot air block.

Lol charlie im still a sceptic;)

Scepsis kills....just skepticism

Just in case, there's a rebuilt engine in the for sale section near you Adam. He wants $750 picked up, and it's got forged pistons. Not saying it'll happen but just in case....:ROFLMAO:

You buy it Charlie, I'll keep the one I just built this one is pretty strong.

So spur if the moment thing, brother offered to buy fuel so I drove 100mi one way to Pittsburgh Raceway park on Friday Aug 7th.
Swapped my street tires with the 28" MT drags I hauled in the trunk and waited for the 1st pass. Launching off the Tbrake was my reliable 1.7 short time and the machine is pulling great, get into 3rd and take a quick look at my gauges....only25psi boost and mid to high 11's AFR. That was the best pass at the time 11.48@120mph. I changed nothing else but the intercooler and lost 5psi of boost, maybe this one is worse maybe it's better I don't know, the car did go quicker. Then the left lane got oiled down to 1000ft and waited an hour and a half for cleanup, made one more pass and one made one change. Turned boost up 1/4 turn on the MBC which did nothing and then ran an 11.38@121mph dual nozzle Alkycontrol on 8. That was personal best for this machine, I don't see why it would not go into the high 10's with a 1.5 60ft and back up on 30+ psi boost.
Car 635 left lane:

Last edited:
I swapped the new fuel pump in today and took the Buick to the Flashlight drags and had a good time and the car did well, raced against some fast stuff.

Looks like changing things out helped Adam. Larger intercooler allowed for more air to flow and a reduced boost level so you went faster.:cool:

I have not been to the track with this machine yet since August. I have had it to the local Flashlight Drags and the machine is performing well on those 1/8th mile blasts. This Buick ended up being the quickest/fastest G body at these events.
What I have learned now is that the engine is still thirsty for more fuel and the trans is going to need freshened up soon. The Stage right trans brake has been working great but the last two times I tried to use it, the trans acted like it was going into neutral or stuck in between 1st and 2nd range. Works absolutely fine without the trans brake however.

Are you still spraying 100hp NOS? With your current setup, you probably could step up to 150hp shot. You lost 5lbs of boost and ran faster because the new intercooler. I think you have a 10 sec 1/4 mile in your future soon...

How fast do you think it's running?
Talking 1/4mi this car is in the mid 120mph range, best was 121.8mph and it has been going consistent 97-98mph in the 1/8mi. The cars MPH is pretty good on 25psi but it isn't as quick in ET as others with a similar combo. It needs a more efficient torque converter to couple the power for sure and more fuel.

Are you still spraying 100hp NOS? With your current setup, you probably could step up to 150hp shot. You lost 5lbs of boost and ran faster because the new intercooler. I think you have a 10 sec 1/4 mile in your future soon...
The nitrous system is still on the car but I have not sprayed it for two and a half to three years now.
I would love to spray the 100 shot on this combo at 25psi boost that would be great.
I'm certain the last two passes at the track could have been 10's with a better 60ft time. I have never had a better than 1.7 60ft time yet, and I'm leaving relatively soft on single digit boost off the trans brake 3800rpm, I cannot get this car to leave with boost off the foot brake(vacuum booster/stock rear brake system).
If I can fix whatever is wrong or broke with the Stage right trans brake and leave with double digit boost/more rpm on the current tune and cut a 1.5 or better 60ft time it will run a high ten for sure no doubt.
This combo needs two better parts to really come together: a non lock torque converter that will couple power much better and more fuel for the engine.
The boost is still just getting started on this 6265 turbo @ 25 psi on my combo, and I can feed the engine some more fuel using the nitrous systems fuel, which I have not tried yet. I do know the power is up significantly over last year based on the way it needs more fuel and the dual nozzle alky control is maxed out.

That's it for racing this year. Went to a track rental and barely made 2 passes. The trans needs freshened up, I believe the low roller clutch/sprag is out. The trans brake does not launch anymore and low will just drop out completely, while attempting to build boost in drive, low will drop out and the trans acts like it is in neutral then a moment or two later resistance is felt and then low is back.
So I'll have to send that back to Lonnie to get freshened up.
Some things to plan for before spring.

Last edited:
I wonder how that 455 would like some nitrous???? If only it didn't have those crappy stock pistons:(

Jesse the 455 will be OK on the spray, just hit it.
I'd like a nice HR partsnstuff rear bar but I have the stocker on there now.
For suspension the upper arms on the rear are the stockers with 203k miles and counting while the lowers are also stock but have new rubber bushings they came on the 8.5 rear when I bought it. Upper arms in front are steel tubulars with greaseable bearings on steel cross shafts, stock lowers with original bushings. Stock front stabalizer bar with original bushings and I never take it off, new rubber end links. Stock springs in the front and rear for NA v6 also 203k miles and counting and Monroe crap economy street shocks on all 4 corners, they might even be blown.