Removing Trans (BRF) have question

200MPHClub

Everything disconnected except a cable from the throttle body to the trans. Can't figure out how to disconnect this cable. It appears that there is something within the trans that is "connected" to the cable that comes off the throttle body.

Can anybody shed some light on how to remove this cable?

Thanks

Where the cable goes into the trans case, remove the bolt and pull up on the black plastic piece. At this point you should be able to see where to disconnect the cable.

Yeah, that's the problem. I disconnected the cable and pull up, but I feel like something is pulling it back down towards the trans. I've pulled it up quite a ways, and can't see yet where it connects. I guess I just need to pull up higher on the cable to reveal the connection, correct?

Also, I had the trans in neutral when I started this...should it have been in park? I doubt this would make a difference since this is a throttle cable but thought I would throw it out there.

Have you disconnected the cable at the throttle body? With the cable unhooked you should be able to pull the cable out of the trans far enough to see the link connecting the cable to the TV linkage. After that, its pretty easy to see how it comes apart.

yeah what matt said. i forgot to ask that.:) LIke he said you should be able to pull it up just far enough to disconnect.

Ahh...didn't disconnect at the throttle body...was looking at that and wasn't sure if it needed to be...was going to be the next step....and yes it was only a 2 Rum day, then called it quits....tomorrow will be a new day...and more rum to be had.

All right guys, trans back in...yay. Question now, from the trans mount I have some rubber piece that connects to the catalytic converter...where can I get a replacement for one of these? Also, my crossmember was rotted through and need a new one of those with the bushings...any thoughts there? Checking classifieds for crossmember but still need the bushings and rubber piece from trans mount to cat.

Thanks