Removing fuel lines and question about new lines

LIVE4RDO

Howdy. Happy Friday!

Is there a trick to removing these lines?

Also, when running aftermarket lines, Cruz or Racetronix are you guys running it on both side of the car, like factory? Or only on one side? Which one?

Thank you much!

DE14EDB3-60FC-47DA-BACA-D2DBB8859BCD.jpeg

2ED5BED6-5512-44B2-A1C1-4FC4919DC4F0.jpeg

429C5D94-6880-466A-BD5E-80F5C3F254E1.jpeg
089D4CA1-2C92-4A16-B6EE-B3E754C76121.jpeg

No trick, just follow the lines and remove the 1/2" bolt securing the lines down. If your doing it in the garage off of your back, your gonna ef those lines up pretty good coming out. I wasn't very tactful when I pulled my lines out. I folded them up and broke it in sections to remove it. It really needs a hoist to do it if you want to keep those lines intact. When your putting in the new lines, they both should run on the driver's side.

Depending on the build, I prefer to take the simple and easiest path, be it fuel lines or other mods.

On my personal car, the supply line is run on the pass side and comes across the trans to the fuel rail. Since I used a large Fram cartridge filter mounted on the rear frame near in front of the control arm mount, as it allows good access.

The return is on the driver side is run in the frame and also along the top of the trans. It then runs along the valve cover, as there is no EGR valve or solenoid to be in the way of this line.

There is no wrong way or right way to run the lines, you need to determine which is the BEST way for your application!

I just removed mine. Lying on my back I had to break them to get them out. I talked to Steve at Racetronix and he said the new lines could go in any way you want. I put the feed on the DS and the return on the PS.

If you need any help on sourcing the parts for your lines and fittings, contact me and I can give you part numbers for the fitting and lines.

In addition to the lines I have on my car, we also have part numbers for the routing the lines in the stock configuration which is along the front of the engine.

When installing RT lines, might be best to start from the rear of the car. The connections at the rear are not swivels, so they cannot be easily connected if they are pointed in the wrong direction. The fittings up front do swivel.

I bought RT lines and regretted it. Everything about my experience with them was negative. I recommend building your own lines. I'd take Nick up on his offer.

I bought RT lines and regretted it. Everything about my experience with them was negative. I recommend building your own lines. I'd take Nick up on his offer.
Yeah I have to agree. They aren’t designed for good serviceability that’s for sure.

What problems did you have ? I bought the complete kit , double pumper , wiring , hobbs switch , fuel lines with filter & AN fittings . Granted there were no instructions and yes their customer support was almost nonexistent , but I wasn't that hard to figure out . Mine works flawlessly with zero leaks even at first power up and filter change was easy .

I purchased the twin 340 setup and line kit.

They come without instructions. Where do you mount the filter? Where do you you route the lines? I read on here to follow the factory routing but that didn’t work well for me.

2 of my lines were labeled wrong. So 4 fittings were mislabeled. Didn’t take long to figure out. My vendor forwarded me his response saying I am an idiot if I can’t figure it out. That was his entire response. That response was when I asked for a routing diagram for the lines.

My fuel pressure fitting thread was damaged. I took pictures and sent to the vendor who forwarded it to RT and they blamed me. I ended up using my old oem regulator as a die to fix the threads.

When I ordered they said they could have it done in two weeks. It was more like two months.

Knowing what I know now I would have paid the extra money for nicks billet setup and made my own lines. I bought the kit to save me time. It didn’t.

My vendor offered me a full refund but I didn’t do that either. I knew they would be stuck with the lines and they did nothing wrong. They tried. But racetronix I have absolutely nothing good to say about.

Mike @ full throttle gave me some good tips on installing them. I didn’t buy the kit from him. But due to his generosity, I did just order aluminum heads and cam from him. That’s the way I work.

After installing a few line kits from different vendors, I will be building my own. All the kits worked just fine, but I prefer the fuel filter go where I want it to go, now whatever it may land with one of these kits. I left the old fuel lines in place just in case. No need to take them all out

After installing a few line kits from different vendors, I will be building my own. All the kits worked just fine, but I prefer the fuel filter go where I want it to go, now whatever it may land with one of these kits. I left the old fuel lines in place just in case. No need to take them all out

I did the same. Left the original in place.

When installing RT lines, might be best to start from the rear of the car. The connections at the rear are not swivels, so they cannot be easily connected if they are pointed in the wrong direction. The fittings up front do swivel.
the rear fitting are quick disconnect which swivel by design maybe you had an older kit with AN fittings ?

the rear fitting are quick disconnect which swivel by design maybe you had an older kit with AN fittings ?

Mine has the quick-disconnect style. Fittings to the fuel header are 45 degree, no swivel action of the fitting relative to the hose.

Just cut the lines at a few places and remove in sections. I don't have the Racetronix setup but I ran both lines on the driver side. Use inexpensive line clamps to mount the lines every couple feet.

I bought all the PTFE components for about $100 less than the kits offered elsewhere. I agree with TURBOELKY, nice to make lines the length you want and put things where you want. I also opted to modify the hanger by flaring the lines to accept AN fittings.

Just think that driver side will get bit crowded with a brake line and two fuel lines. Thinking about splitting up feed and return.