Removing factory harness

LIVE4RDO

hey crowd.

Trying to remove the factory harness. I'm stuck! And tips or tricks?

How do I get the passenger side ECM plugs out? Do I have to remove the fender?

Can the headlight harnes stay in? Can it be separated from main harness or is it all in one?

Thank you much.

Sorry if it was answered, couldn't find anything in my search.

Hey what's up. Too remove the engine harness from the engine bay you will have to drop the wheel well and pull it through the firewall. It is its own harness. Lights are separate harness. Vinny

Yes, the plug on the firewall will come apart so the engine harness is all by itself.

Is this car to be put back together or is it being parted out ?

Is the engine still in the car ?

The inner fender should come off (at least the back half) to get to the (2) 8mm bolts on the fire wall clamp.

First (after the disconnecting the battery) take the wind shield wiper motor off.

Take two 10mm bolts off and the 13mm nut on the wiper transmission but leave the third 10mm bolt in.
Pop the rubber grommet out of the housing on the remaining bolt left in.

Have more tips if you need them as I am just putting mine back together with a new Casper's engine wiring harness.

Last edited:
No motor in the car.

Fixing it up, replacing harness with Caspers

No engine in the car would make it easier (unlike me).

So the middle is already unhooked.

You do not have to take the passenger's side inner off but it will make it easier. you can get at what you need to if you take the back of the iner lose at least.

I am getting mine back together now from converting to XFI and a new Casper's engine harness that I am not to sure I had to do but glad I did as I removed a harness cut on by previous owners.

Steve, after you restore the car, I want it back. Lol...were you able to repair the dash? Was it hard to remove and install it?