Removing Emblems

ttype976

I know this topic has been beat to death, really just a quick question. I have an 87 T and want to remove all the emblems (hood, trunk, Regal on rear quarter) only leaving the "T" on the front fender.

Are all these attached with just tape/glue or are there any posts attaching them?

Thanks! Sorry if this has been asked before...its been a while since I've owned a Turbo Buick.

Ky

I'm pretty sure they are all taped on. Maybe someone can chime in and verify it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The emblems have a tape adhesive on the back side of them. I just use a heat gun or hair dryer and get a piece of fishing line behind the emblem and work it off slowly.

The emblems have a tape adhesive on the back side of them. I just use a heat gun or hair dryer and get a piece of fishing line behind the emblem and work it off slowly.

Echoing what the others said, fishing line or dental floss with heat got mine off. I used Goo Gone to help clean some of the remnant adhesive.

Perfect! I'll be stealing my wife's hairdryer this weekend! My biggest concern was if any of them were attached by a post/screws.

You can also use one of those plastic trim removal tools that are sold at Harbor Freight....works well after using the heat gun. Just a thought.

Bruce '87 Grand National

CAREFUL w/ the heat gun...Just a bit too much, and the paint comes with.!
I use 3M adhesive remover, and an old credit card. Put the remover from the top down, let it soak, Work the card under the edges, add more remover..