Removed A/C box. Now what do i do to cap off my heater ports?

Calia22

So i removed my AC box. I'm just trying to see what other members have done for capping off their heater inlet/outlet. My engine builder put in a -10AN cap on one end, but on the water pump side, what would be the best option? i was thinking tapping and throwing a bolt in it, but i have no clue what size i should tap it with. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated!

-Casey

Attachments

• IMG_1243.JPG
    IMG_1243.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1241.JPG
    IMG_1241.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 195
So you're saying fill the whole thing, yeah? Just block it with my finger on the bottom side and fill it up?

On the intake, I would just put a pipe plug in the hole. Better yet, if you have a reason for an additional coolant sensor or switch, this is a good spot. I used it for a warning light switch.

On the pump, you can fill it. But If you have someone to do it, would prefer to see it welded. I would put a rubber cap and clamp over it.

If you thread it, be careful. You may split it driving the tapered NPT pug into the hole. It doesn't take much. Just a little bit to tight and "crack".

Tap the water pump with a 3/8 - 18 NPT then put a plug in it from any hardware store. I used a tap and die set from Harbor Freight (p/n 91395). If you put a rubber cap and clamp on it, the turbo will bake it can it won't last a year. Had that happen once but luckily I caught it when my temps started skyrocketing.
20160320_104243-1.jpg

The port on the intake is 1/2 NPT for the pipe plug. I like the brass ones with the hex personally.

Here's a shot showing the size of a 1/2 and a 3/8 plug...

IM002562.jpg

So you're saying fill the whole thing, yeah? Just block it with my finger on the bottom side and fill it up?
The nipple standing up on water pump ...yeah fill it about half way or all the way. Easily drilled out in the future.