Remote start

Pretty straight forward , just follow the directions.
I installed one that pages me & has a 1/4 mile range.
I did not hook up the remote start feature - too scary.

I plan on installing a Autopage rs915lcd in my GN.. I'll try to post some pics of the install as soon as i get my car out of the body shop.

i have clifford 50.7x 's on all 3 cars . the remote start and paging capabilities make it well worth it. there is also an iphone interface available.

remote start kicks butt.. I have had them since 88 I think on all of our cars. never missed a beat. :cool:

I just put a simple remote start only setup in my Dodge Ram. No bells and whistles, who pays attention to alarms anyway these days?? Hit the little remote twice within 2 seconds, parking lights come on to tell you it received the signal and then it starts up. With the magnaflow exhaust on my Hemi I don't need a signal saying it started.:biggrin:

Got mine from a place called Remote Car Starters - Vehicle Specific Systems - Car Alarms - Keyless Entry - Remote Car Starters Car Alarms Keyless Entry Vehicle Specific It is a a Code Alarm CA-4050. Around $150 shipped. Best instructions ever, they are specific for your vehicle.

I've never had a problem with any remote starter, even 8 years ago with one bought from walmart:eek:. Currently have a Viper in the GN, pops each door (shaved handles), pops the trunk, and also has remote start. Whenever you install a remote start, be sure to use the tach signal, that way the alarm knows when the vehicle starts. Had the same viper in an El Camino I had, and the remote starter worked great, shame the cam/ecm/idle didn't:rolleyes:

Which ones do you use? I have always had problems with them, besides the ones that came from the factory.

The first one I put in was an AutoZone (Auto Palace) "Direct Electronics" .. After that I had my alarm guy do them when he was doing the alarms for me. Sorry I don't remember the names . I also have one in my Buick/wagon.. works like a charm :cool:

I always used audiovox prestige units. Never had a problem in the 4 years I installed them. On my GNs I never had to use the remote to warm the car up. I used it to turn the ac on and to have keyless entry:biggrin:

getting ready to install a lcd galaxy 5100 have on other 2 cars work awesome. anyway can i run the factory arm and dissarm wire from unit to dissarmand arm the factory alarm? because if you keyless entry the car the factory alarm will go off unless you send a ground to the door switch wire.

getting ready to install a lcd galaxy 5100 have on other 2 cars work awesome. anyway can i run the factory arm and dissarm wire from unit to dissarmand arm the factory alarm? because if you keyless entry the car the factory alarm will go off unless you send a ground to the door switch wire.

The only time the factory alarm is armed is if you electronically lock the doors when a door is open, so you really don't have to worry about the factory alarm going off unless you arm your aftermarket alarm before you shut the door.

The only time the factory alarm is armed is if you electronically lock the doors when a door is open, so you really don't have to worry about the factory alarm going off unless you arm your aftermarket alarm before you shut the door.

yes i understand that part but do i use the wires that i described if i want to use both alarms?