Remote Oil Filter Lines

Jonasterg

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
One of the rubber lines for my remote oil filter looks like it got damaged. It's very slowly leaking, but I'd like to fix it before I drive around in case it lets go.

Does anyone know the correct size hose to use? Any tips on how to take off the old one and install a new one?

Thanks.

Oh, good question. I'll take some pictures in the morning.

They aren’t braided hoses? Mine are braided lines with -12 an fittings on them. Any hydraulic line store can make you lines. I got mine for like 10$ a piece.

They're push-lock hoses. Info is written on the outside of the hose, but my engine builder has some extra that he'll send me.

When I have it apart I'll add the hose info to this thread, in case it's helpful to someone else. Mine looks identical to the one Hartline sells at Oil filter relocation kit for 86/87 turbo Buick (Turbo Saver) - Hartline Performance. You can get the same kit from a few vendors, I think.

Thanks all.

PXL_20220819_153921823a.jpg

Here's a picture of the damage to the hose. I'm going to try cleaning it thoroughly then wrapping it with some strong tape & zip ties, until I get the new hose.

Also, the writing on the hose says "Parker 7520-10 WP 1,4 MPa (200 psi) MSHA" and "16 mm (5/8) x 1F 0./16/10". I tried to get a few pictures but they didn't come out well.

I’d recommend braided lines. Just change the fittings in the filter head and the adapter on the block. Super durable. Here’s mine
6F70F81D-5A02-45CE-9C01-B5DE10E4386F.jpeg