Relocate AIT sensor to plenum spacer?

TheYak

Hey guys, odd question here. I’m about to relocate my air inlet temp sensor for the FAST system install. Would it be possible to run a 1” plenum spacer and drill/tap it for the sensor location? Reason being, i’m not wild about hacking into my shiny doghouse... just a thought. Please let me know what you think, I appreciate it

A 1" spacer might put the top of the engine into the hood pad (and make your uppipe not reach anymore).

I need to relocate my IAT so I can run an SD chip and I think I'm going to put it on the intercooler outlet neck. With any luck the wire will reach without modifications.

Hey guys, odd question here. I’m about to relocate my air inlet temp sensor for the FAST system install. Would it be possible to run a 1” plenum spacer and drill/tap it for the sensor location? Reason being, i’m not wild about hacking into my shiny doghouse... just a thought. Please let me know what you think, I appreciate it

Spraying alky?

A 1" spacer might put the top of the engine into the hood pad (and make your uppipe not reach anymore).

I need to relocate my IAT so I can run an SD chip and I think I'm going to put it on the intercooler outlet neck. With any luck the wire will reach without modifications.
Good point, my vacuum block is already polished from rubbing the hood liner

Yes sir, reading up on that too and see there are two schools of thought. After the alky makes more sense to me, what are your thoughts?
IMO, each strategy makes sense, depending on what your are trying to accomplish, and positive results are greatly dependant on fueling stratrgy/tuning skill level. There is never an easy answer . . .

My dual kit has 2 sensors plumbed in.
One at the back of the plenum, one just after the turbo compressor outlet....

Oh wait. This is on an LS w/o a cooler.....:p

If you delete the vacuum block and get your vacuum from the spacer, it'll clear the hood.

But I did have to lengthen my uppipe. I could make it fit, but when I really hammered on it the clamp would slip off and it would bleed boost off.