Redwing boots?

krom415

Need to buy a new set of work boots. looked at some nice redwings but they are pricey, so i guess my question is are they worth the extra coin?

the most comfortable work boots ive ever bought. i used to wear em all the time instead of regular shoes. They hurt for the first day or so then its like butta!

Yes, worth the $ to me. It's all I have been buying for years and I wear them everyday.

fwiw-
If they didn't tell you, they have some boots Made in the USA and some not if it matters to you. I always pay the extra for the American made, but that's me.

Great boot!!I usta do railroad work and i would go threw boots every month! the ballace would tear up my boots alont with railroad spikes and etc. Bout a pair of redwings, they last me for a yr.. take em to a local dealer and the resole them for you!!! Cant beat em!!!You get what you pay for!!!

hello peoples: I should have my HD out this year and I need a boot. The sticker on the plate is from 04 so it's been a while but it s/b worth it.
The boot I was thinking about getting was the latest military issue. I read about it somewhere and it sounded like I should get some. I came to a dead end as they did not sell to the public if I remember correct. But it is suppose to keep you,cool,warm,dry and the balls.
try a search and see what you cum up with and let me know
IBBY
I think there made in Framingham Mass. but that's probably wrongo

I used to work with construction guys that would pay $60 for a pair of dress shoes and then brag about buying Army surplus boots for work for $10.
Could never figure out why someone would pay 6x as much for something they wear maybe 6hr a week vs a boot they wear 10 hrs a day.

RR ballast eats soles. Could never find a shoe resoler that could replace the soles without creating a bumb in the arch.

wow seems everyone has the same opinion on them. redwings it is then
thanks for all the replies

Surely every Redwing boot cant be the bomb,,so please post which boot you have ..I had redwings like 4yrs ago and didnt think they were all that ,then i bought the Timberland Titan in soft toe,and loved them

Timberland - Men's Timberland PRO® TiTAN® 6-Inch Soft Toe Workboot

some one please convince me or show me which is the one you love...mine is above

I too have wore red wings off and on as well; I now wear Timberland shoes. I have to wear safety toe shoes and they are the lightest of any shoe I have worn. It really makes a difference when you are on concrete for 12.5hr a day.

Surely every Redwing boot cant be the bomb,,so please post which boot you have ..I had redwings like 4yrs ago and didnt think they were all that ,then i bought the Timberland Titan in soft toe,and loved them

Timberland - Men's Timberland PRO® TiTAN® 6-Inch Soft Toe Workboot

some one please convince me or show me which is the one you love...mine is above

I have two pairs one for fitting, and the other everyday Product Detail

These I wear when fitting and welding http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-win...hoes/1132-red-wing-mens-11-inch-pull-on-brown

Redwings are the best if you need a boot for rough service . Mine get soaked in water and oil then I may stand in a press until my feet get to hot to take it anylonger . I still get about 2 years out of the Redwings . They are not cheap but I would probably go through three or four pair of cheaper boots in the same time .

Had a new guy working with me once with a pair of Wal -Mart boots . When he steped off of the press platen he was leaving black goo from his melted shoe soles . By the time he got to his toolbox the soles were nearly gone .

I don't know what use your boots will be going through but at work I wear Carolina's. We have to wear steel toed with metatarsals. We have the Timberlands and I have had the Redwing worx and I feel the Carolina boots were a little more comfy but the redwings were great boots too.