Reduced- $21 000 -1986 T Type Grey Factory Leather Column Shift - Updated Pictures and Listing

Chicago...:eek:
And what do you mean by that? What's wrong with chicago....other than the corruption, excessive taxation and regulations?

Nice looking transport there, mine came on a open transport and had about a inch of grime on it when it arrived.

And what do you mean by that? What's wrong with chicago....other than the corruption, excessive taxation and regulations?

I grew up in mid state, IL.
I GTFO, in '73. I've watched the state go into the dumper.
Having that nice car, and living in Shitcago, is a sure way to add "carjacked", to life's list of experiences.
Hopefully, the list won't include "whacked".
Shitcago is high on the list, of the cities with the highest rate of population loss. Your 3 reasons are probably at/near the top of the list.

I can't wait to get out of here either, I'm thinking Kentucky Indiana border area. I cant see giving half of my retirement money to the government for property taxes. That's definitely a beauty, it will be in the far western suburbs, alot better than Chicago.

Don’t worry Chuck it’s highly unlikely this car will ever be in Chicago proper. The city is only good for concerts and restaurants...not driving that’s for damn sure.

I got it’s new home all cleaned up ready for the new arrival

2747163F-2F5D-45AA-BFB0-434E22C1DF83.jpeg

Well, all I can say is that guy bought himself one DAMN awesome car. As Iv'e said before Byron and I are very good friends and he knows from my GN and his own T-Type and GNX what a absolutely show standard ed car is and that's exactly what he just sold. Merry Christmas to all my Buick friends.!!
PS. Sorry I missed you By. Mikey

Don’t worry Chuck it’s highly unlikely this car will ever be in Chicago proper. The city is only good for concerts and restaurants...not driving that’s for damn sure.

I got it’s new home all cleaned up ready for the new arrival

View attachment 332900

Congrats man! You’ve purchased the cleanest example I’ve seen on this forum in a while (regardless of miles)! Beautiful car perfectly presented that will make for a wonderful ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats man! You’ve purchased the cleanest example I’ve seen on this forum in a while (regardless of miles)! Beautiful car perfectly presented that will make for a wonderful ride!

Thank you seedling!! I am lucky to have had all the right circumstances click into place to be able to make this happen. I told Byron that I must have looked at this ad at least once a month (if not more) and could not imagine why this car had not sold. I've been drooling over this thing since I saw this originally posted back in January.

I also think that, in regards to mileage, that moving forward it will not play as vital as a role in values moving forward. I understand low mileage collector examples/factory original cars, sure...mileage matters, but for the hobbyist/driver/cruiser mileage does not matter if it is restored properly IMO. No one ever asked me when selling either of my Novas (1971 and 1972) what the mileage was because if the car is built right the mileage does not matter. As has been said in numerous places...they aren't building any more of these cars so if you want one you will have to pay the price no matter how many miles are on the car.

The anticipation of waiting for the car to be delivered is killing me right now. As long as the road is free of snow and salt you can bet I will be taking this car out for a little drive.

Thank you seedling!! I am lucky to have had all the right circumstances click into place to be able to make this happen. I told Byron that I must have looked at this ad at least once a month (if not more) and could not imagine why this car had not sold. I've been drooling over this thing since I saw this originally posted back in January.

I also think that, in regards to mileage, that moving forward it will not play as vital as a role in values moving forward. I understand low mileage collector examples/factory original cars, sure...mileage matters, but for the hobbyist/driver/cruiser mileage does not matter if it is restored properly IMO. No one ever asked me when selling either of my Novas (1971 and 1972) what the mileage was because if the car is built right the mileage does not matter. As has been said in numerous places...they aren't building any more of these cars so if you want one you will have to pay the price no matter how many miles are on the car.

The anticipation of waiting for the car to be delivered is killing me right now. As long as the road is free of snow and salt you can bet I will be taking this car out for a little drive.

When a car is as well sorted and looks like this one does, I think it matters much at all how many miles are on it! I know it wouldn’t have bothered me one bit! In that, if I could have I would have bought this thing no questions asked! I just have far too many irons in the fire right now is all.

Good luck with it man it’s an absolutely stunning example!!

I wanted to buy that car but I live in California and damn emission laws are a headache so I couldnt make it happen unfortunately but damn you got a nice 1 congrats

Congratulations, that was a lot involved to decide to sell your car, actually sell it and then be able to purchase Byron's '86. Glad the timing all worked out for you.

Beautiful car! Can I ask where you get those clean looking stock appearing MAF hoses?

I sent a PM to the seller, @trick86, on January 15th asking the same question. no reply...

Beautiful car! Can I ask where you get those clean looking stock appearing MAF hoses?

I don't think Byron has much need to come on here much anymore, but I can tell you in my discussions with him before I purchased the car it is a Pete Tomka intake set up. Pete Tomka I don't believe offers this set up anymore. HTH.

@Darkstar72, thanks for being able to immediately comment on this. I figured you have enough going on at the moment... to ask you to filter thru all the paperwork Byron sent you might be a bit too time consuming.

I haven't heard Pete Tomka's name mentioned in a while. He did some neat stuff. he modeled that cold air kit on his GNX. Now knowing it is Pete's kit, I pulled an old Kirban's printed catalog from 2005 and found it - Kirban's part # 6782, hose was 3.5" diameter. yes, it is no longer available. I think Pete also did that machined down brass PCV check valve for Kirban's, many moons ago as well.

OK, back to researching aircraft ducting hose like this: https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/ceet.php

I'll start a new thread soon about MAF hose, what I've found and asking others to chime in what they have found as well. Thanks.